Temple betting scandal

According to ESPN's BPI, that game was a true coin flip. I saw that the line was -7 and was a little curious as to what would happen in that game as well (not to say the BPI is the best predictor by any means, but it was quite the discrepancy).

Yeah, this is going to be rampant in college sports.

a low level team in a state with tons of sports gambling infrastructure. I'm so shocked this could happen.

Temple has been terrible lately. They lost 10 games in a row in January and February.

I do find it weird that the line was so close to begin with. UAB 11-6 in conference play while Temple is now last at 4-13. UAB favored by 7-8 is about where I'd expect it in my amateur opinion.

How does this affect the Gophers' computer rankings going forward? Do these big wins or forfeits affect our Quad 2 computer output vs other NIT teams?

Expect more of this, now that betting lines are in the forefront on a team's schedule.

I’ll take it a step further with all the money floating around. Guys not getting what they think they deserve will create a huge pool of potential willing participants that wasn’t there before.
You think now that players can get paid they are more likely to throw games for $? I don't follow the logic. I'm not sure it makes it any less likely, but it makes no sense that it would be more likely.

Feds will reign in sports betting before MN even gets it legalized.

You think now that players can get paid they are more likely to throw games for $? I don't follow the logic. I'm not sure it makes it any less likely, but it makes no sense that it would be more likely.
Yes it does. The myth of of NIL is they are all getting paid and few really are. If a few in the locker room are getting paid and the rest are not and think they should, they become potential targets of people messing with gambling.

It’s not the paid players who are the targets. It’s the unpaid ones.

Embezzlers are all getting paid. Many believe it’s not enough and others are getting a deal they should be getting. Thus, they have the right to cook the books or skim from till.

Cash floating around creates jealousy and a sense of unfairness that can easily lead to consequences none of us wants.

Apparently this scandals was the kick in the arse Temple needed. Now in the AAC championship game.

Top Bottom