Teams On Serious Upset Alert This Week (Minnesota)

I've seen a few tweets calling this a "trap" game for MN.

If the Gophers want to win over more of the skeptics, they need to go out and handle Purdue they way they handled MSU.

Honestly, if the #1 QB is out for Purdue, the Gophers should win the game by (at least) 20 points.

Big Game Boomer is the biggest fraud on Twitter and it isn’t even close. It is the dictionary definition of clickbait and somehow the BS that it spews caught on so now the BS spreads even further every time a tweet is linked.

He also has Minnesota going to the Cotton Bowl. Maybe the "Media Personality" from Oklahoma just needed another logo to fill the box?:unsure:

If the Gophers want to win over more of the skeptics, they need to go out and handle Purdue they way they handled MSU.

Honestly, if the #1 QB is out for Purdue, the Gophers should win the game by (at least) 20 points.
How is this a trap game? Are we going to overlook Purdue while preparing to face the bye week? :)

Resisting the urge... to make... an overused reference to..... Bowling Green.

I happen to think this one is dangerous. They are all dangerous as far as I am concerned.

Maryland has an offense though. I don't think Michigan will score 30+ on Iowa but if they don't turn the ball over, I don't see how Iowa outscores them. I'm thinking like a 23-10 type of game.

Listen, we should be on upset alert EVERY DAMN WEEK from here on out, and I hope that is what PJ is preaching to the team every day. As much as we have dealt with as a fan base over the years none of us should be counting our chickens. If Purdue’s QB is back and we can’t pressure him and he’s got all day to throw, this game will be seriously tight.

I agree, we should win it, but it ain’t going to be easy.

How is this a trap game? Are we going to overlook Purdue while preparing to face the bye week? :)
Typical Big Game Boomer. Poking major holes in his theories and rankings rarely takes more effort than simply thinking about his theories and rankings. But, that is all he is after in the first place.

Listen, we should be on upset alert EVERY DAMN WEEK from here on out, and I hope that is what PJ is preaching to the team every day. As much as we have dealt with as a fan base over the years none of us should be counting our chickens. If Purdue’s QB is back and we can’t pressure him and he’s got all day to throw, this game will be seriously tight.

I feel like we always play better with a chip on our shoulders. Or a crack as PJ says.

Maryland has an offense though. I don't think Michigan will score 30+ on Iowa but if they don't turn the ball over, I don't see how Iowa outscores them. I'm thinking like a 23-10 type of game.
Somebody has to prove they can go 60 minutes with Iowa without turning the ball over.

Iowa couldn't score on Michigan with a better offense last year. Why do people think they are going to score on Michigan with a worse offense this season?

Purdue is the Colorado of two years ago. A team the fan base wants to overrate and be worried about. Their defense is far worse than last year.

I like your attitude. Fleck embodies it when he says each game is a one-game season. Take each game at a time and never be over confident. My guess is that 90% of the people on this board didn't see Illinois last season as a possible loss and 100% didn't see Bowling Green as a possible loss but they happened.

Top Bottom