Teague on fundraising: "It's going really well it's just not really public right now"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Teague on fundraising: "It's going really well it's just not really public right now"

per the Brainerd Dispatch:

Teague's concerns lie with practice facilities and providing his coaching staff a level playing field to compete against conference foes and national institutions. That means fundraising.

"It's going really well it's just not really public right now," said Teague. "We're doing a lot of behind-the-scenes fundraising. We'll announce soon as far as the campaign going live. That's kind of the fundraising world and how things work. We're in the silent phase right now. Fundraising takes time. You don't just go out and ask somebody for a million dollars. You have to cultivate them. You have to show them vision and show them the process. It's going very well. I feel very good about it. I wanted it done yesterday and that's the only thing I don't feel good about. It just takes awhile."

But Teague said he sees the next five years filled with major construction projects -- buildings that Gopher fans probably will never see.

"They're what recruits see and what our kids will operate in on a day-to-day basis," Teague said. "That is going to offer some great foundations for the future. It's what the kids really use and it's what our coaches get asked about by parents and recruits. That's what we've really struggled with for the last 10 years."

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/content/college-athletics-right-direction

Go Gophers!!

Breaking news 06\27\2014: "We'll be announcing soon" and "it's going really well, it's just not public?"

Breaking news prediction for 6 months from now: the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't express enough world-weariness or studied cynicism in your response. Try again.

I don't take Teague's comments that way at all. Teague is a known professional and a smooth operator. If he was going to feed us a line of bull, we wouldn't know it was bull.

Damn lies I tell you. The experts here know otherwise.

What is he going to say?

"WE'RE DESPERATE! IT'S GOING AWFUL!" C'mon.

Try something meaningful. There is nothing news breaking about what he said. If you don't have anything to say perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all.

Try something meaningful. There is nothing news breaking about what he said. If you don't have anything to say perhaps you shouldn't say anything at all.

Do you mean try something like having Kahler dress up as a monkey on a leash with Teague following him around with an organ grinder outside TCF?

Would be about as meaningful and more entertaining.

Do you mean try something like having Kahler dress up as a monkey on a leash with Teague following him around with an organ grinder outside TCF?

I would pay to see that.

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

In my experience, when you've got good news, you want everyone to know. when you've got bad news, you try to keep it quiet.

If the U had a major donor lined up - T. Denny or someone of that stature - they would have announced it, or it would have leaked.

If I'm wrong, I will be happy to admit I'm wrong - but until I see some real numbers, I will remain skeptical.

If fund-raising is really "going well," then why not give people a real update. Shoot, if there was positive news about fund-raising, it might just convince people who are sitting on the fence to dig down and pony up.

Is it your position that Teague shouldn't go on these fundraising trips, or he should go but refrain from speaking?

This is the kind of crack journalism I have come to know from my home town paper. Outstanding!!

In my experience, when you've got good news, you want everyone to know. when you've got bad news, you try to keep it quiet.

If the U had a major donor lined up - T. Denny or someone of that stature - they would have announced it, or it would have leaked.

If I'm wrong, I will be happy to admit I'm wrong - but until I see some real numbers, I will remain skeptical.

If fund-raising is really "going well," then why not give people a real update. Shoot, if there was positive news about fund-raising, it might just convince people who are sitting on the fence to dig down and pony up.

Its probably just Norwood being a professional fundraiser. Perhaps T Denny (or whoever) is not ready for his people to know what he has committed and has asked Norwood to keep a lid on it for now. Not everyone leaks everything - people in higher finance can usually keep things within a small trusted circle and only release it when they are ready.

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

I am not sure what made me snort soda out my nose harder...that Dpod just said something hilarious or that it was also a quote from an Alanis Morrisette song?

Well played sir.

A little too ironic

21.jpg

Woody will be at the Craguns Golf Outing in the middle of July. Maybe I'll play the church mouse and hear what is being said. I know Dutch Cragun and I'll twist his tail to see if has heard anything.

Neither one of those

Is it your position that Teague shouldn't go on these fundraising trips, or he should go but refrain from speaking?

Teague needs to go on fundraising trips and he needs to talk. That's the problem, he does not talk. So as a result,
on the rare occasion he does speak, people expect him to actually say something. That's the issue. The secretive
we got a plan but you are not worthy to be a part of it. So, leave me alone now, don't talk to me. That attitude, that strategy, that's the issue.

Teague needs to go on fundraising trips and he needs to talk. That's the problem, he does not talk. So as a result,
on the rare occasion he does speak, people expect him to actually say something. That's the issue. The secretive
we got a plan but you are not worthy to be a part of it. So, leave me alone now, don't talk to me. That attitude, that strategy, that's the issue.

NT is very good at saying a lot of words yet saying next to nothing of any substance. That being said in this case not really sure what people are expecting him to say. If he was in a position to announce a major donor he would. I am sure the question was asked and he responded in a way that shows some positivity without giving any actual information. Pretty standard for that kind of story in the off season.

Top Bottom