Teague=Brewster

gophergv

Reaction score
Until he proves otherwise. Seems too focused on the perceived big check writers. Treats the walkons "people on this free board" like Mason treated walkons.

Momma didn't give you your Mountain Dew and Cheetos today?

The Teague = Brewster comparison is a bit premature. We have to consider that our next coach may still be coaching.

What Teague could do to help his cause with the fans is throw them a bone and communicate a bit...let people know where he is in the process and what his plans are.

Until he proves otherwise. Seems too focused on the perceived big check writers. Treats the walkons "people on this free board" like Mason treated walkons.

Based on a decision he hasn't made yet?

The Teague = Brewster comparison is a bit premature. We have to consider that our next coach may still be coaching.

What Teague could do to help his cause with the fans is throw them a bone and communicate a bit...let people know where he is in the process and what his plans are.

I don't say it because we didn't land the dream coach. I say it because when I met him my first impression wasn't great. We will be fine in the coach department. If Teague was special we could have used 3MM towards a new coach not a buyout.

Dear God, please stop. It has been only 3 days and zero confirmed offers/denials (i would assume we offered Shaka, but who knows? And apparently Hoiberg says we didn't, though I would not be surprised if that's a lie.) This is not anywhere near out of the ordinary.

If Teague was special we could have used 3MM towards a new coach not a buyout.
Am I missing something, but unless we get rid of the old coach (buyout) we don't need the $3M for a new coach.

Am I missing something, but unless we get rid of the old coach (buyout) we don't need the $3M for a new coach.

I thought he was talking about the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company.

They're polar opposites Brewster could recruit something he needed. ;)

Teague has never once mentioned bear hunting or chili.

NO

It's not a terrible comparison by any means.
Teague and Brewster are both just salesmen.
Teague was brought in mainly because of his fundraising abilities and hasn't made a move of substance yet besides just talking.

Teague is unable to swim with the high major sharks... came from a mid major small budget school thinking he had nothing left to learn!

So Teague got a piece of the court being used for the Final Four and showed it to the team as motivation?

Seriously, I can't determine which thread topic was more idiotic- this one or the "What about Sean Miller" thread.

Boy the Ellis and Teague gang's incompetence is starting to get exposed big time

So Teague got a piece of the court being used for the Final Four and showed it to the team as motivation?

Seriously, I can't determine which thread topic was more idiotic- this one or the "What about Sean Miller" thread.

Parski is the only one qualified to determine which threads are stupid.

One MAJOR difference: Teague has actually done his job before (AD), while Brewster had NEVER done his job before (head coaching). I think that alone eliminates comparison for the time being.

Boy the Ellis and Teague gang's incompetence is starting to get exposed big time

It's been four days retard. Illinois two three weeks last year. The incompetence of the local media is what's getting exposed.

It's been four days retard. Illinois two three weeks last year. The incompetence of the local media is what's getting exposed.

I've been trying to come up with a good response to him. Good job.

And now the local media (Judd) is complaining that Norwood should be "communicating" more during the process. Why on Earth should he do that? So information gets leaked like Tubby's firing? So he sticks his foot in his mouth like Maturi with his "we need a Tubby Smith hire?". Let the man find a Coach and then we can judge. Besides what would he possibly come out and say? "Yep, the search is going well so far and we have a lot of qualified candidates. We should have a decision soon." It's been 4 days, everyone calm down.

Teague is unable to swim with the high major sharks... came from a mid major small budget school thinking he had nothing left to learn!

Hey Scout,

Instead of wasting your time whining on an internet message board why don't you google "inbound plays" and "how to beat a zone defense." Should make your next stop a bit easier.

And now the local media (Judd) is complaining that Norwood should be "communicating" more during the process. Why on Earth should he do that? So information gets leaked like Tubby's firing? So he sticks his foot in his mouth like Maturi with his "we need a Tubby Smith hire?". Let the man find a Coach and then we can judge. Besides what would he possibly come out and say? "Yep, the search is going well so far and we have a lot of qualified candidates. We should have a decision soon." It's been 4 days, everyone calm down.

I'm telling you, this technology, instant gratification age has just completely warped people's sense of time. Unreal that a coaching search could last four days and cause this kind of restlessness.

+19

Sure we would all like to know exactly what is going on but that's not his job.

Top Bottom