TE Commit Jerry Gibson visiting South Carolina this weekend

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
247sports is reporting that Jerry Gibson is visiting SC this weekend.

Might be losing another one.

Does he have an offer yet? According to rivals he does not. But maybe it has yet to be updated.

I had a feeling he'd be getting some good late offers. I hope he stays committed, I think he may be the sleeper of the class.

Does he have an offer yet? According to rivals he does not. But maybe it has yet to be updated.
I doubt that they'd bring him in this late if they weren't going to offer on the visit.

I doubt that they'd bring him in this late if they weren't going to offer on the visit.

Agreed, unless they are still waiting to hear on someone else and Jerry is the fall-back in case they don't get the other guy. I believe it's the term that is new to me this year a, "non-commitable" offer(?).

I think they just started getting in touch with him a few weeks ago, in which case they probably did lose out on someone else they were after and he's the fall-back.

Doesn't seemed to have been a "plan b" for us! Rather, seems he has been a target that has gotten a lot of attention from us for a long time.

We'll see what happens.

I really don't want to lose Gibson. He is the exact kind of player that Kill and Co would find a position and would excel. I don't know if he'll end up a TE or DE, but I hope he stays part of our class.

but but but why would SC want a measly ol' recruit who only has 2 stars??????????

Flipping season is tough but a nature of the beast, on the bright side it means our staff is identifying talent that top tier schools are interested in (regardless of how the Gibson situation ends up playing out).

And remember some examples from last year where we held onto Peppers over a late Nebraska offer and Alex Mayes after a late Baylor and/or Oklahoma offer (if I remember correctly) so even if Spurrier does offer there's still a chance he sticks with us.

Holland, Jr. has also reportedly told Louisville to shove it after they have come in hard since his commitment to the Gophs trying to get him to flip from us.

Next time I am in chicago i am skipping Gibsons. hold the onion in my martini...no, no gibson's for me.

You get some guy to stick after late offers, but you are going to lose some as well. See Nate Andrews.

Edit: Am I remembering this wrong? I thought Nate was a Gopher commit until FSU offered. FSU's website says they were the first school to offer him.

Offers from SEC schools (plus Florida State) are pretty hard for any kid from anywhere to turn down.

You get some guy to stick after late offers, but you are going to lose some as well. See Nate Andrews.

Edit: Am I remembering this wrong? I thought Nate was a Gopher commit until FSU offered. FSU's website says they were the first school to offer him.

FSU offered him fairly early (not sure whether it's accurate that they were the first), but he wasn't really that interested in going there until FSU hired Jeremy Pruitt off Alabama's staff and Pruitt went after him hard. And yes, he was a Gopher commit before flipping to FSU late.

You're right, Andrews was a Gopher commit at one time.

Folks - Gibson is gone. Mark it down. No hard feelings, I liked him a lot, but his choice.

Cant blame the kid but its such a dick move to flip a week before signing day.

I'd rather he flip now than not be happy or satisfied and leave after 2 years of contributing.

If we're going to lose anyone, a TE not named Elmore is probably one that we can stomach.

I had read somewhere (cannot remember where) that there was some late interest coming from a school or two down south. Hope we hang onto him.

Cant blame the kid but its such a dick move to flip a week before signing day.

A lot of kids flip the week before signing day. I believe D. Jones was a Missouri commit until the day itself. I'm sure glad we got him.

A lot of kids flip the week before signing day. I believe D. Jones was a Missouri commit until the day itself. I'm sure glad we got him.

True but its definitely not a dick move when a kid flips MN, thats just pure genius.

The old ball coach is a snake. He is hard to beat out of something he wants. Would not surprise, if he gets Gibson, he tells him to grayshirt after signing day. We have had experiences with him and our HS kids that are not kosher.

According to Ryan Burns Gibson is not enjoying his visit at all and just wants to go home, so all of the defeatists can probably calm down. :)

According to Ryan Burns Gibson is not enjoying his visit at all and just wants to go home, so all of the defeatists can probably calm down. :)

That would be an amazing surprise. I would classify that as a signing day surprise.

Where did Ryan report this? Or did he just call you directly for you private update?

Top Bottom