TCU game

gopherfield

Reaction score
I'm guessing we add TCU to our next open date, - 2015 schedule. Just like Brewster wanted UT on the schedule, I'm sure Jerry Kill would love to play home-n-home with Patterson and TCU. It's a good pickup for TCU as well. Since they will be in the Big Least and the BCS, they could still use some other BCS wins to help for bowl positioning against the SEC, BigTen, Pac-12, etc. They surely view as as a low-tier very winnable BigTen opponent, so the match-up makes sense.

The big ten is still deciding if we're going to play 9 conference games instead of 8, so we might not have an opening in our scheduale by then

The big ten is still deciding if we're going to play 9 conference games instead of 8, so we might not have an opening in our scheduale by then

We could always drop a scheduled game. I'ts been done before.:D

We could always drop a scheduled game. I'ts been done before.:D

Yeah that's true...I totally didn't think of that angle!...well, in that case, it would be great to play against a team like TCU!

Yeah that's true...I totally didn't think of that angle!...well, in that case, it would be great to play against a team like TCU!

I like the idea as well. Would like to play them at TCF late in the year. SNOW:eek:

Not sure if you guys saw this but TCU just turned down a rematch with wisky. They were open to the idea but they want a home and home series, which seems pretty standard.

I don't see Patterson and Kill as the type that would want to coach against each other and also potentially ruin the others season. I would be floored if they scheduled TCU.

Dropping a game certainly is an option, but are we really going to see non-conf BCS opponents after we go to 9 non-conf games? I don't know the answer - I haven't seen it discussed much, but I'm wondering.

Right now, we have a fairly predictable schedule that holds for most B1G teams, at least (with minor variation among schools):
8 conf
1 non-conf I-AA
2 non-conf non-BCS I-A (usually MAC, but also Sun Belt, WAC, etc.)
1 non-conf BCS

If we move up to 9 conference games, which non-conference game are the coaches going to drop? I'd think eventually we'll settle on a norm which will either be 1 I-AA and 2 non-BCS or going to 1 I-AA, 1 non-BCS and 1 BCS. But it will probably take 5-10 years for the expectation to become the new norm, and I'm just wondering what it will be. I think some of the other BCS schools have 9 game conference schedules, what do their teams do?

Please don't start arguing about how all the B1G teams have different schedules - sometimes they play 2 BCS schools a year, blah, blah, blah. I fully concede there is variation in scheduling, but I do think there is a fairly well-established expectation of the 1 I-AA, 2 non-BCS, 1 BCS non-conference slate.

Brewster was trying to get visibility in TX. If I was Kill, I would get it by scheduling somebody other than my best friend, who happens to have a five year head start in building a program. Pattersoin could easily be coaching elsewhere by then. He has never said he is a lifer at TCU. I think he could do well in the PacTen for example.

Or maybe TCU won't want to schedule us because Patterson knows Kill all too well to think that by the time 2015/2016 rolls around we will still be a pushover.

Pitt and any former Big 8 or Pac 12 team are my personal favorites for non conference foes. We've had more than one game with each except for ASU and Arizona (one each).

Top Bottom