TCU chokes away 21 pt lead

book

Reaction score
Where was the bad coach Patterson when we played them?

Game was never close enough to matter.

Horrible no pass interference call on Baylor when TCU went for it on 4th down and then a horrible pass interference call on TCU really led directly to the Baylor winning field goal but the real issue is TCU should have never let it get that close.

I can see the rubber chickens come out the next time these two meet.

That was their 2003 Michigan game.

Yup, I was thinking that this morning too. I feel for those fans. If TCU finishes 11-1 and just outside the playoff, there will be people talking about that 4th quarter against Baylor for 50 years.

Yup, I was thinking that this morning too. I feel for those fans. If TCU finishes 11-1 and just outside the playoff, there will be people talking about that 4th quarter against Baylor for 50 years.

Glad that never happens on GopherHole.

Baylor is the biggest fraud in the polls. Only way they get to the playoff is if they remain unbeaten. Unlike most other contenders, Bears have no chance to make it as a 1-loss team. That's where they'd get zapped for the crap non-conference slate. There's no street cred for playing SMU (0-5), Northwestern State (3-3), and Buffalo (3-4).

Should be a moot point. They'll lose to Oklahoma, and probably another 1 or 2.

Baylor is the biggest fraud in the polls. Only way they get to the playoff is if they remain unbeaten. Unlike most other contenders, Bears have no chance to make it as a 1-loss team. That's where they'd get zapped for the crap non-conference slate. There's no street cred for playing SMU (0-5), Northwestern State (3-3), and Buffalo (3-4).

Should be a moot point. They'll lose to Oklahoma, and probably another 1 or 2.

Hope you're right. This could mean TCU = Big 12 Champs.

There are no words to describe how frustrating it was to watch us piss that 21-point lead away. Officiating didn't help, but as someone said, when you have 12 minutes and a 21-point lead, there's no excuse.

I can't figure out why y'all aren't ranked. Great W again yesterday. Keep rolling!

Hope you're right. This could mean TCU = Big 12 Champs.

There are no words to describe how frustrating it was to watch us piss that 21-point lead away. Officiating didn't help, but as someone said, when you have 12 minutes and a 21-point lead, there's no excuse.

I can't figure out why y'all aren't ranked. Great W again yesterday. Keep rolling!

Agree there were some rough calls against TCU towards the end but like you and others said with that kind of lead you shouldn't let the other team get that close in such a short amount of time.

In terms of our ranking we are right about where we should be at this point. 3 of our wins were against creampuff non-conf teams. The Michigan win was an upset on paper but that team is in total self destruct mode and we caught them at the perfect time when they seemed determined to play a horrible young QB over their senior QB that has destroyed us in the past. The win over Northwestern was nice but we don't yet have that win over a really good team that will open some eyes Nationally. The first chance for that win is probably still a month away when we face Iowa. Assuming we take care of business the next two weeks against a couple pretty bad teams in Purdue and Illinois we should find ourselves somewhere between #20 and #25 when the Hawkeyes come to town.

I will never understand the thinking that a few plays do not affect the outcome of a close game. I watched the end of that game and TCU was horrendously jobbed. The interference that wasn't called and the interference that was directly affected the outcome of the game. On the first referee infraction it prevented TCU from getting into field goal range and extending a potential game-winning drive. On the second infraction it allowed Baylor to turn a long FG attempt into a easy one.

I didn't see the whole game, maybe there were bad calls on both sides all game. I always lean towards let the guys play except for obvious infractions. These were both obviously bad calls, even to the guys in the cheap seats. Despite Baylor getting back into the game they did get a little help in this one. Good thing the game was at Baylor.

Sorry TCU, I was pulling for you guys.

Top Bottom