TCF Stadium Planning Update 5/11

To add to that:

Tailgate lots open until 4 hours after end of game or Midnight, whatever is earlier...

Gopherguy, some discrepancy

Tailgate lots open until 4 hours after end of game or Midnight, whatever is earlier...

The article in GopherSports.com says:

Parking will be utilized on the East Bank, the West Bank, and the St. Paul campus. Game day fans will be allowed to park six hours before kickoff or 7 a.m., whichever is later.

Does someone really think we'll wait till 12:00 on September, 12 to start tailgating?

When completed, the main scoreboard will be the third largest in college sports.

thought it was the 2nd biggest?

When completed, the main scoreboard will be the third largest in college sports.

thought it was the 2nd biggest?

It was 2nd biggest at the time it was announced. I believe it was Oklahoma that just put/is putting one in bigger than ours.

I don't remember the dimensions of the OK scoreboard, but people on here did the math and ours was bigger than OK's, square footage wise.

I don't remember the dimensions of the OK scoreboard, but people on here did the math and ours was bigger than OK's, square footage wise.

Correct, the new OU scoreboard is longer. See here for details on the OU scoreboard:http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061908aaa.html

The new OU board will measure 113.5 feet wide by 32.5 feet tall for a total viewing area of 3,689 square feet.

The new scoreboard at TCF will be 108 feet wide by 48 feet tall for a total viewing area of 5,184 square feet.

Correct, the new OU scoreboard is longer. See here for details on the OU scoreboard:http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061908aaa.html

The new OU board will measure 113.5 feet wide by 32.5 feet tall for a total viewing area of 3,689 square feet.

The new scoreboard at TCF will be 108 feet wide by 48 feet tall for a total viewing area of 5,184 square feet.

OU is playing in the minor leagues of scoreboards with that size. Starting in this upcoming season, I scoff at any scoreboard smaller than 5K square feet. That's just amateur hour.

Go Gophers!!

Also, when searching for details on the dimensions of our new scoreboard vs. OU's I came across this interactive graphic off the STrib website that I hadn't seen (looks like its from last Sept). Nothing really new in terms of information, but it has a in depth section on the scoreboard that does a nice job of visually illustrating how much larger the big scoreboard at TCF will be then the current "jumbotron" at the Dome.

- Go here:http://www.startribune.com/newsgrap...yP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUnO7aPnDhPE_BPhQDaUss
- Click the "Monster Scoreboard" link in the bottom right part of the graphic.
- I've also attached a screenshot of the image below.

Attachments

• TCF scoreboard vs Dome.jpg
    TCF scoreboard vs Dome.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 28

I thought it was the University of Texas that has the largest scoreboard.

I thought it was the University of Texas that has the largest scoreboard.

They do.

UT: 134 feet wide by 55 feet tall equalling 7,370 square feet

Interesing note from this article:
Problems start to arise, though, if and when school officials refer to Godzillatron as the world's largest HD display -- not only is that plain false (the Tokyo Racecourse's new Mitsubishi monster trumps it in both square footage and diagonal length), but as we noted before, it may not even be the largest display on American soil. You see, although the Longhorns' screen can boast a total area of 7,370 square feet, the other Daktronics-built display at Dolphin Stadium still has it beat on the diagonal measurement: 1,750 inches to Godzillatron's 1,738.​

They should be ranked by square footage only. Going by diagonal length is not accurate because unlike TV's they don't all have the same aspect ratio. Otherwise we should have just built a screen 1' tall and 300' wide and saved a lot of money and still claimed to have the largest screen by diagonal length.

They should be ranked by square footage only. Going by diagonal length is not accurate because unlike TV's they don't all have the same aspect ratio. Otherwise we should have just built a screen 1' tall and 300' wide and saved a lot of money and still claimed to have the largest screen by diagonal length.

:D

Unless they go back to the old way of actually showing the hometown fans the replay of a controversial call, the scoreboard is hard for me to get too excited about.

Anyone remember the Purdue game in the dome, awhile back when they showed the replay of our receiver (his name?) clearly catching the pass, and getting his foot down, and they called him out of bounds. Cant remember what year that was, '99?

Along with this, anyone else looking forward to snowballs being hailed down in the endzone after some horrendous call against us in a late November game.

Top Bottom