TCF Bank Stadium Roof

That's why I keep missing all of the pregame flyovers.

"So how many Northern Cities have a stadium with a roof?"
" Detroit's Ford Field, Minneapolis' TCF and Indy's Lucas Oil Stadium"
" Are you sure about TCF?"
" Hell yeah. They'd never build one up there without a roof!"

It has a retractable roof and you guys just haven't noticed or been there when they close it. I seem to recall it being used at the Vikings vs. Bears and U of M vs. OSU hockey games as well as the U2 concert.

It has a retractable roof and you guys just haven't noticed or been there when they close it. I seem to recall it being used at the Vikings vs. Bears and U of M vs. OSU hockey games as well as the U2 concert.

I thought that was a wind-blown hot dog wrapper. My bad.

The fake rain they had going for that U2 had to cost a fortune. I never did figure out where it was coming from - well hidden. But I must admit I had done some advance "show prep" that day, so attention to detail (and focus) may have been lacking.

You need to stay current. He was only at TCF for one year. He left and is now the defensive coordinator at Georgia Tech.

"The Roof, the Roof, the Roof is on fire. We don't need no water. Let the....." Oh a Ted Roof. Good defense coach...:cool02:

That's why I keep missing all of the pregame flyovers.

I saw one once. Wonder Woman flew the Invisible Jet over TCF's Invisible Roof after Lennay Kekua sang the National Anthem.
I've been told over the years that the best view of it was near the "Magic Bean" Concessions. People said it was downright spectacular.

This thread is just priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got rid of the roof when they started selling beer. The MN legislature in their infinite wisdom said if you're going to make them freeze, you must let them get drunk. It's one or the other.

Top Bottom