Taylor a “game time decision”

Wild speculation only... I wonder if the preseason plan wasn't to unleash both Zach Evans and Darius Taylor in this game, trying for an upset. Why did he hold out Evans until he had to last week, maybe waiting for this week if Taylor wasn't out (and Tyler ineffective) and had to play Evans? Maybe trying for a surprise?

I think there may be some strategizing here with this Taylor news of game time decision. If he's out, then forget what I just wrote. But if he plays, maybe this is an attempt at some surprise strategy.

Point is, there could be some surprise attempted. Maybe not. Maybe Taylor will be out.
So no real prediction?

Anyone else think Flecks needs a new strength and conditioning coach or a new physical therapist? Seems like we are seeing a lot of injuries, cramps, and inability to return from injuries.
Nope, PJ just runs the few 4⭐️ players he has to death whenever he can and when they get hurt, he just says “next man up”.

Maybe a byproduct of us all individually funding the players' salaries?

Kidding. Sort of.

Just got back from a kid’s soccer match and the coach was ranting and raving like a lunatic, some of the adolescent players making simple mistakes in the second match of the season. A hothead. Told him hey, it’s ok, just one game, they’ll get better. Maybe more of a project than he anticipated…lol.

I guess my point is, glib jokes or calm discussions about certain FBS player’s or coach’s good or bad performances, team happenings and approach shouldn’t be off limits. The ranters and ravers attacking or defending the team are too much sometimes.

Damn, hopefully he'll be back in time for Iowa.

I really hope Lindenberg plays though.

1st - this assumes that Thamel has sources inside the MN program at the highest level - because Fleck is notoriously secretive when it comes to injuries. So does anyone really think that a member of the training staff or even one of the coaches would leak 'classified' information to a media member? I find that very unlikely.

2nd - we're talking about a true FR RB who has played 3 D1 games in his career. If it's up to me, I am not putting him on the field against the #2 rated team in the country unless that player is absolutely 100%. You can't think about 1 game - you have to think about the rest of the season and the rest of that player's career.

Gaard said on Friday it was a game time decision. That part isn’t news.

Taylor and CrAB (and le’Meke) are out.
Lindenberg and STRIGGOW are questionable.
😖

The Lindenberg thing is kind of a joke at this point. How can you be game time decision on 8/31 and still not playing on 10/7?
The PJ injury subterfuge gets old after a while. You think Michigan was game planning differently whether it was going to be Lindenberg or Mav?

Maybe Lindenberg is actually doing a "hold in" trying to get more NIL money?? :oops:

The PJ injury subterfuge gets old after a while. You think Michigan was game planning differently whether it was going to be Lindenberg or Mav?
Funny, you mention in Michigan.

They were the most prominent folks who used to put out inaccurate / no injury reports.

Coaches, understandably, don’t want to just give that info out so they don’t. It’s not a big deal. It probably takes two seconds to decide and move on.

Why does Fleck think the other team has a better chance to win if they know which of our players won’t play?

That shouldn’t matter to actually winning the game or not. They aren’t going to change their plan.

Top Bottom