Tayler PPD her announcement AGAIN

bigmwc

Reaction score
— Tayler Hill, the Minneapolis South basketball star, has postponed her college announcement from Wednesday to Thursday at 2 p.m. at South.

The Gophers, Ohio State and Texas remain finalists, still with no front-runner. Hill and her parents have consulted with an expert from Utah about how to make important decisions and have found the exercise worthwhile.

Charley Walters

I've got some inside info that says she's going to Ohio State...or at least was going to. I don't know if this delay has anything to do with it or not, but that's what I heard less than a week ago.

Honestly, I'm not sure. Why are they consulting some guy in Utah to try to figure out how to make a big decision? Are they really not sure how to judge such situations for themselves? I have to admit, this is pretty worrisome. Did they do the same thing when P.J. committed to Ohio State?

The whole thing sounds like it's a bit out of control to me.

How to make important decisions.

I would be interested to know what the expert from Utah had to say about making important decisions. (and how much they get for their time.)

Maybe there is a massive, computer-type machine that the Experts use to determine how to make the right decision. I can envision the Expert feeding the Hill family's information into the machine, and then flipping a switch that sets the machine into motion. The machine begins to rock back and forth, it gives off steam. The machine makes all the onlookers believe that there is magic to be had the answers it will bring forth. The machine slows down and rocks to a halt with a "ding" and a flashing of light. The mouth of the beast releases a small script of paper that the Expert reaches down to retrieve. The Expert looks up, and, in mild horror explains that the printer is out of ink, that the paper is blank and that the Hill family is left with the challenge of having to make the decision by themselves.

(story of my life.)

Hill will be a Gopher. The Utah computer spit out two words...."Stay Home".

Honestly, I'm not sure. Why are they consulting some guy in Utah to try to figure out how to make a big decision? Are they really not sure how to judge such situations for themselves? I have to admit, this is pretty worrisome. Did they do the same thing when P.J. committed to Ohio State?

This is exactly what I was talking about last week in my post referring to the circus surrounding this decision, and a number of people jumped on me for it (Facts34, sec105, etc.).

Between talking with a consulting firm in Utah, delaying "The Decision" now 4-5 times, her media-hungry father, it's totally ridiculous. It's one thing not to be able to make up your mind; but to play up the hype on it by bringing in national experts and trying to announce it on some huge stage then "post-poning" it 50 times...frankly, she better be Maya Moore II.

couldn't of said it better myself...OUT OF CONTROL. what are these people consulting on? What school she can end up with a better wnba contract from? i saw a usa today article that said 2008's salaries for the top for picks, for their 1st year was $44,064. or consultants to figure out what the best school is for an education? get over yourselves.

and fyi, she will not be going to the u.

laughable

Utterly laughable. She better go where she can get a good education. She will need it.

At what point does a coach have to wonder if it's worth having her on the team ?

Otherwise - what a joke.

What Circus?

A two sentence blurb in the Pioneer Press announcing a high school kid has postponed a decision on where she is going to go to college constitutes a "Circus"?

Some of you profess not to care where she goes but jump on every utterance about the kid as an example of "what a joke" it is. Either you really do care and are just girding yourselves for possible rejection by saying things like "I'm sorry... I no longer care" or "Between talking with a consulting firm in Utah, delaying "The Decision" now 4-5 times, her media-hungry father, it's totally ridiculous."

I actually do hope she comes to Minnesota but I have no issue with her taking as long as she wants to make her decision. Quite honestly I have had to look pretty hard to find anything on the subject.

If this is an example of a circus no wonder Barnum and Bailey went out of business.

If its that stinking tough

to decide to play for the home team then the bond isnt very strong. Just go somewhere else. No bleeding gopher for her.

A two sentence blurb in the Pioneer Press announcing a high school kid has postponed a decision on where she is going to go to college constitutes a "Circus"?

Some of you profess not to care where she goes but jump on every utterance about the kid as an example of "what a joke" it is. Either you really do care and are just girding yourselves for possible rejection by saying things like "I'm sorry... I no longer care" or "Between talking with a consulting firm in Utah, delaying "The Decision" now 4-5 times, her media-hungry father, it's totally ridiculous."

I actually do hope she comes to Minnesota but I have no issue with her taking as long as she wants to make her decision. Quite honestly I have had to look pretty hard to find anything on the subject.

If this is an example of a circus no wonder Barnum and Bailey went out of business.

Thank you. I didn't feel like typing all that.:clap:

I wonder.

Would some of you have a problem if we were talking about the mens #2 ranked guard in the country coming to the Gopher Men? I dont have a problem with her taking her time heck plenty of things our of her control could have led to this delay. Maybe their is something going on at South that wont allow them to bring all the classes to the announcement? I have no idea where she is going to end up but I sure hope she is wearing Maroon and Gold. Her other two favorites are loaded with guards if she comes to the U she is an instant starter.

I can only speak to my viewpoint, but my consternation doesn't stem from her putting off her decision or whether she comes to the U or not. My concern stems from the fact that her family is consulting some "expert" in Utah on how to make an important decision. And from that stance, my original questions remain.

Are they really so unable to weigh the different options in making a decision that they need someone else to help them decide? WTF? She needs to make her own decision, not rely on somebody from Utah to help both her and her family decide. This whole thing sounds fishy to me and if this is any indication of how the family makes decisions, I would be wary of wanting to be associated with them.

I heard Ohio State as well, much easier for the family to travel to see both kids, of course OSU was trying to run PJ out of the program, but thats anohter issue for another day.

Top Bottom