Tanner Morgan - Vikings Back-up....

The NFL did make a modification in their Emergency 3rd String QB Rule, but in order for Morgan to be in that roll he would have to be elevated from Practice Squad to the 53 Man Roster.

Which only about a third of teams do.

I don't know what Morgan's long-term career goals are, but this has to be a pretty heady experience. Who knows where it ends up, but I don't think any of us ever envisioned Chris Streveler throwing 40 passes at the NFL level.

I don't know what Morgan's long-term career goals are, but this has to be a pretty heady experience. Who knows where it ends up, but I don't think any of us ever envisioned Chris Streveler throwing 40 passes at the NFL level.
I'm sure Morgan is trying to find his opportunity in the NFL, but I think realistically a QB coach at the college level is probably a pretty achievable goal for him.

Looks like they cut him around 2:30. I wonder if that was a favor so he could travel to Purdue if he was going to be inactive anyway but still gets to cash the check.

This thread should probably be retitled "Tanner Morgan Vikings Practice Squad Yo-Yo Thread"

Tanner will be a coach in near future, maybe even for the vikes.

Top Bottom