Tanner Morgan - Vikings Back-up....

akgo4

Reaction score
Or eventual starter? Could it be? Captain Kirk just was shelved for the year....

at this point the Vikings have Hall, Mullins on the practice squad and Mannion is on the IR for another week. Mullins was brought in when Mannion went on IR.

once Mannion comes off the IR, I don't see them adding another QB.

the only way Morgan comes back is if they want a 3rd QB until Mannion is able to play.

Hopefully will be promoted to the active squad list as a 2nd string

Or

Viking may go out and sign another veteran unemployed QB and leave TM on the practice squad

Or eventual starter? Could it be? Captain Kirk just was shelved for the year....
Vikes will either trade for someone or find a guy on another practice squad.

at this point the Vikings have Hall, Mullins on the practice squad and Mannion is on the IR for another week. Mullins was brought in when Mannion went on IR.

once Mannion comes off the IR, I don't see them adding another QB.

the only way Morgan comes back is if they want a 3rd QB until Mannion is able to play.
Do you have Mannion and Mullens flipped?
We had Mullens and brought Mannion in when Mullens got injured.

Do you have Mannion and Mullens flipped?
We had Mullens and brought Mannion in when Mullens got injured.

you're right - I mixed them up.

honestly, they're interchangeable - both have names starting with M and neither one can throw the ball very well, so what's the difference.

Andy Dalton here we come.

I didn't know this until today but I think Tanner Morgan was released from practice squad. Perhaps that changes by tomorrow. I hate to see this season get thrown away.

Tanner might end up back on a practice squad. The Giants had Taylor go down, so they will likely be looking for a Quarterback, there just might not be many quarterbacks available

minimum salary for an NFL practice squad player is $11,500 a week. If a practice squad player is put on the active roster for a game, that's $39,000 for the week.

nice work if you can get it.

Did Tanner go back to work for the Gophers in between these stints?

Did Tanner go back to work for the Gophers in between these stints?
Good question. My other thought is that he is smart enough to know that this year is probably his window to wind up in the NFL in some compacticy. Therefore he is working out, throwing the ball, working on any mechanics that needs to be improved. I doubt that he has a playbook to study as I'm guessing that would be off limits. Could be paying off as he is back on the practice squad.

He is on the practice squad because he was walking by the building. If he gets in a game Rocky would call him an underdog. This is all resume building (college coach) for him and I am all for it.
He still knows / has the playbook in the back seat of the car too... well somewhere back there.

We have had a nice string of qbs play in the NFL. Let’s keep it going! Weber, Leidner, Streveler and now Morgan

minimum salary for an NFL practice squad player is $11,500 a week. If a practice squad player is put on the active roster for a game, that's $39,000 for the week.

nice work if you can get it.
Man practice squad nomad sounds like a great gig. Like 200k a year for 4-5 months of working out a few times a week.

Tanner will need to move to 2 to actually get on the sidelines though. No point in listing a third QB. We don't dress a third QB.
The NFL did make a modification in their Emergency 3rd String QB Rule, but in order for Morgan to be in that roll he would have to be elevated from Practice Squad to the 53 Man Roster.

Top Bottom