Tanner Morgan Announces Return For 2022

I imagine he wasn't happy with his season overall this year. I wonder if he still has thoughts of the NFL. People certainly discussed it after that 2019 season.

==

Morgan will be the starter for 2022, barring injury.

Fleck will pretend there is an "open" competition this spring. But zero point zero chance he would, essentially bench, Morgan for next fall.

What will our offensive line look like? That's a big mystery. I hope we can pass block.

Wonder if Tanner will attempt to talk any of the other 5th year with one year left guys into coming back. Looking at the fact they once again were this close to an appearance in the Title game and also getting that pig back from Iowa and holding on to the Govenors Bell Trophy.

Wonder if Tanner will attempt to talk any of the other 5th year with one year left guys into coming back. Looking at the fact they once again were this close to an appearance in the Title game and also getting that pig back from Iowa and holding on to the Govenors Bell Trophy.
Does anybody have a list of eligible guys? Very confusing haha

At least one person speculated this yesterday when Morgan wasn't announced with the outgoing seniors. Hopefully he can find some of the 2019 magic.

Players like him, believe he will improve and we'll call him the 2nd coming for the Gopher program next fall. Hopefully he can convince some other key players from going to the NFL if they aren't ready.

Apparently, if the Groundhog sees its shadow, it means another year of Gopher Hole arguments over the starting QB.

I have not changed my opinion on Morgan. Great Guy. great human being. But he is limited athletically at the most important position on the field. I want an actual "dual-threat" QB. I guess I'll just have to wait a while longer.

Does that mean a few of the younger guys hit the portal? Not sure if it’s a positive long term but I think it helps chances to win next year!
Good question. Let the speculation proceed.

Depending on the bowl game, I'm expecting Sanford's job is secure after yesterday and maybe another year in the Sanford/Simon scheme will make for greater consistency.

The assumption Clark, ZA, Kramer or even Athan are better than Morgan is wierd to me. Good college football QBs don’t grow on trees. Morgan generally makes good decisions and has shown he can be really good.

Sure, we’d love to have someone with wheels that also has NFL level passing traits but those people are even rarer.

I‘d hope PJF would play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. To do otherwise is cheating the team, his staff, and his fans. If Morgan gets the nod next year then that’s says a lot to me.

I’m fine with Morgan at qb generally. But I hope that Athan dude doesn’t transfer. Doesn’t make sense to waste four years of that talent bc of 1 year with a decent super senior

You have to think Clark and Annexstad both hit the portal soon with this announcement. If that happens then we would still be left with Kramer, Athan, and Knuth at quarterback. Young but hopefully talented.

You have to think Clark and Annexstad both hit the portal soon with this announcement. If that happens then we would still be left with Kramer, Athan, and Knuth at quarterback. Young but hopefully talented.
and opens up one more spot for another recruit. We aren't going to carry 6 qb's

Apparently, if the Groundhog sees its shadow, it means another year of Gopher Hole arguments over the starting QB.

I have not changed my opinion on Morgan. Great Guy. great human being. But he is limited athletically at the most important position on the field. I want an actual "dual-threat" QB. I guess I'll just have to wait a while longer.
Especially with potentially 5 new starters on the OL.

What will our offensive line look like? That's a big mystery. I hope we can pass block.
We will only have 5-6 good ones instead of 8 but that might be better for us if we stay healthy. We won’t be tempted to not have 5 eligibles

Great news!! Even though I haven't always been a big Tanner Morgan fan, and actually wanted him benched earlier this season, has handled this situation with class. He does what the coaching staff asks of him and is like a coach on the field. With Mo coming back one more year, I'm excited that Tanner is coming back for another year as well. He has won with Grace and lost with Dignity. Here is hoping he has a huge year next season...and that he can convince a few others to play one more year in Maroon and Gold!!

Loved what he has done for the program. Didn't think he got the best coaching over the past year and he wasn't utilized in a great way, but he always just played without complaint. Great leader.

He has had a good run at QB, but I believe that time should come to an end after the bowl game. One of the other guys on the roster now should be taking over next year.

People need to have a little perspective. Compare Morgan to Mertz and whatever Iowa trots out. Morgan is a perfectly capable quarterback.

Yep, or the vast majority of college teams…and some NFL teams. Fair to want more but Morgan was clearly and obviously put in bad positions at times by the staff this season leading to some of the outcomes I’d rather not have to talk about right now. Everyone can gROW. Next year could be significantly better.

Top Bottom