TALON to Gophers - congrats

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
After the first 4 games it seems like the Gophers have taken over at 7-0 and in your last 3 games you have laid oar wood to your opponents

GSU is still struggling.

Party on Gophers & win your conference!

TALON

Thanks Talon- so sorry to hear about your frosh lineman. So sad- and he appeared to have a very promising future.

Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Talon,
Sorry to hear about your freshman who passed. Sad news.
Nice of you to check in.

After the first 4 games it seems like the Gophers have taken over at 7-0 and in your last 3 games you have laid oar wood to your opponents

GSU is still struggling.

TALON

Thanks for checking in, Talon. I know your team will beat NM ST this weekend and move to 4-3. I think GA Southern has a pretty fair shot of finishing 7-5 and making a bowl. We always hope that the teams we play do well.

Condolences on the team member who died. Anytime someone that young dies, that is very unexpected and very tragic.

Thanks for stopping by, Talon. I still check in on your squad every week to see how they’re doing. New Mexico State should help matters in the short term. They’re pretty bad.

Hey Talon,
Sorry to hear about your freshman who passed. Sad news.
Nice of you to check in.

GSU is still struggling.

TALON

On a positive note your HC has made steady progress and if you can get 10 wins "OOR MORE" your HC, staff and players have nade great gains over the last 2 years.

If GSUs current HC and staff cant turn around the Shotgun Option after next year I think he will be replaced.

Don't get me wrong if our current HC and staff can win next year he should get an extra year.

If he cant then I hope our AD returns to the Flex or Spread Triple Option. Navy's HC was trained under the GSU coaching staff. While Navy had 2 down years they are back and doing well this year. Army's HC was also trained by GSU and has turned around Army but this year are 3-3. Still Army is way better off then they have been in 50 years.

IF our team can not turn itself around after next year I hope GSU will return to the Flex or Spread Option. You dont have to watch this but I would like to show you what a dual threat QB can do in the old Spread Option using the Run & Shoot passing attack using option linemen. GSU is loosing badly because the Triple option was shut down. 7 min. into the third GSU switches to the Run and Shoot passing attack , scores 35+ points and wins the game.

If you want to watch a true Option attack passing attack start at 3 min and 30 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUhrp2Gjnv4

I believe if GSU can go back to the flex Option with a duel threat QB and competent, not great, receivers we will dominate in the G5. I hope we will return to what made GSU great.

STILL THE GOPHERS ARE AT THE TOP OF THEIR GAME. It seems you have the HC, staff to players the game you want and win. Wish I could say the same!

Thanks for checking in, Talon. I know your team will beat NM ST this weekend and move to 4-3. I think GA Southern has a pretty fair shot of finishing 7-5 and making a bowl. We always hope that the teams we play do well.

Condolences on the team member who died. Anytime someone that young dies, that is very unexpected and very tragic.

Like you the better the Gophers do the better GSU looks.

Thanks for stopping by, Talon. I still check in on your squad every week to see how they’re doing. New Mexico State should help matters in the short term. They’re pretty bad.

Sadly beating a poor team doesn't help us much.

Thanks for checking in though!

Your the best - keep winning.

Thanks TALON. You’re a gracious loser, something we won’t be able to say of our neighbors to the east and south after we sweep our trophy battles this year ;)

Thanks TALON. You’re a gracious loser, something we won’t be able to say of our neighbors to the east and south after we sweep our trophy battles this year ;)

Since GSU CANT DO IT THIS YEAR, the Gophers should go for it.

Dont call GSU a loser, but an almost winner unlike your last 3 opponents who's @ss you beat:cool:

Last edited:

Welcome back, Talon! Thanks for the kind words. We'll remember you and your fellow GSU fans fondly.

...I don't think anyone here would judge you if you just decided to become a full on, outright Gopher fan. :cool02:

Agree 100%. If he could bring that dude that made the trash talk You Tube Video (you know, the guy without all his teeth), that would be perfect. No one talks smack better than that dude.

Thanks for stopping in.

Yeah, gophers doing well so far, fun season

Yeah....TALON!!!!....you are welcome to be a Gopher fan too. I've got other college football teams that I root for. Washington and Georgia Tech. And there are always certain teams that I tend to prefer over others for no apparent reason. Small things over the years that I've internalized.

Thanks for stopping in.

Yeah, gophers doing well so far, fun season

Yeah....TALON!!!!....you are welcome to be a Gopher fan too. I've got other college football teams that I root for. Washington and Georgia Tech. And there are always certain teams that I tend to prefer over others for no apparent reason. Small things over the years that I've internalized.

I pull for GSU first and foremost & will always be a GSU fan first, but I to pull for other teams like Navy, Army Nebraska, because of my wife and UCF because of my brother. I often pull the underdogs. While this year the Gophers dont appear to be underdogs I like what your Head Coach, staff and players have done in 3 years. I also like the posters on this board. I can surly pull for the gophers this year to win your conference and reach the top 10 with a good bowl that you will have
EARNED!

TALON

Talon, good luck to your team going forward.

I do have to say, I was absolutely awestruck (no hyperbole) that your thread about the game was able to go to 80something pages. Gopherhole probably doesn't total half that for all threads combined for established rivals Iowa or Wisconsin.

As it turned out, it was really an amazing game. When it was 3rd and 29 from the Gophers 6 yd line, I admit I was of little faith for a comeback.

I was also impressed with the live Eagle mascot, got a good view since my seats are close to the visitor's tunnel.

Talon, good luck to your team going forward.

I do have to say, I was absolutely awestruck (no hyperbole) that your thread about the game was able to go to 80something pages. Gopherhole probably doesn't total half that for all threads combined for established rivals Iowa or Wisconsin.

As it turned out, it was really an amazing game. When it was 3rd and 29 from the Gophers 6 yd line, I admit I was of little faith for a comeback.

I was also impressed with the live Eagle mascot, got a good view since my seats are close to the visitor's tunnel.

I thought GSU would be further along this year with a new coach added last year and a nice come back year last year, but we are still struggling on offense, are not making enough rushing yardage, to be an option team and are not putting up enough TDs.

A Sad fact. - As of 2 weeks ago or field goal & PAT kicker has scored around 48% of GSUs total offensive points. He is highly acurate and make 50 yard field goals. I'm sure he will picked up by the NFL. GSU is use to 350-400 ground yards and 35-40 points a game., but we have not seen that in 4 years. I'm upset with our AD and the loss of offensive prowess. GSU is but a shell of what it once was.

The Gophers on the other hand has made steady progress with your HC, Staff and players and I can really respect that.

Sadly if your head coach and staff has a great season this year showing how well he has transformed your team in 3 year, I would expect that other teams will be after him. I hope he has the loyalty and loves Minnesota and his players enough so as not to be inticed by money or what he considers a step up. As you know head coaches come and go and a large paycheck has to be thought about for he and is family. On another note you also know that a head coach at one school doesn't mean he can recreate that at anther school.

If he is not enticed to leave I can see him building the Gophers into a power and I hope that will be his mindset!

Last edited:

Top Bottom