Taking a knee at Iowa.

Oh wow. You're mad because our basketball players expressed their interest and the importance of voting?!?! All people should be voting.

This is exactly why the Trump crowd is so upset about all the VOTE messaging in sports and pop culture. They know that more young black people voting is very bad for Trump. Your complaints really are no different than the voting obstacles they put in place to try to stop blacks in the South from voting in the 60s.

Ridiculous. Really sad too.
Nice try. Not mad at all.

Yes, Trump was soooooooo bad for black folks in America.

I’d say the point of the pledge of allegiance in school was to teach patriotism for the USA and respect for our flag.
I’d say the national anthem reminds people where they are, who they are. We were given the opportunity to play this game today because of people who fought for our freedom. We are going to compete and fight hard in this contest but we are going to do so within the rules as we honor and respect the sacrifices of those who fought for this privilege of allowing us to play this game.
The national anthem sets the tone for the contest...gratitude, respect, the privilege of competing, the attitude adjustment that this is important and serious.
I think a lot depends how important it is to the coach and how well he explains the purpose to his players. Do they treat the anthem with discipline and respect?
Do they play the game with discipline and respect for their opponent and for the officials? It starts with the National Anthem. You can tell a lot about a team and their coach how they line up and what kind of discipline they exhibit throughout the playing of the National Anthem.

Great post but not sure about the under God part. Love your use of the word gratitude especially since it is such a great tool for health and is a seldom used virtue in a period of such hate and blame. As soon as you do not agree with group think you will be accused of being a racist etc.. Thanks for sharing something so well thought out.

This thread really has some legs...perfect for kneeling.

Great post but not sure about the under God part. Love your use of the word gratitude especially since it is such a great tool for health and is a seldom used virtue in a period of such hate and blame. As soon as you do not agree with group think you will be accused of being a racist etc.. Thanks for sharing something so well thought out.
Not sure of what?

If it exposes racist aholes, then mission accomplished.
So it changed something? What has it changed? Other than the burning of buildings what has acutally happened? I seriously asking.

Not sure that is a unifying phrase as separation of church and state is bundled there. And whose God ? THERE ARE SO MANY

You know very well that it is the same God as the person was referring to when it was written, the same one referred to in the Declaration of Independence and referred to by pretty much every founding father in all their writings before during and after the revolution. The Creator the universe - the one an only.

Saying: "Who knows what they really meant?" is deception in its highest form. You can be mad that they didn't mean your god but that is on you.

You know very well that it is the same God as the person was referring to when it was written, the same one referred to in the Declaration of Independence and referred to by pretty much every founding father in all their writings before during and after the revolution. The Creator the universe - the one an only.

Saying: "Who knows what they really meant?" is deception in its highest form. You can be mad that they didn't mean your god but that is on you.
BADGER.......

Exactly, everyone knows. How anyone
Wow, which one is the One God?

God, the father of Jesus Christ. The one and only leader people should be taking advice and moral standards from.

Exactly, everyone knows. How anyone

God, the father of Jesus Christ. The one and only leader people should be taking advice and moral standards from.
Pretty sad you have to explain.

We are at each other's throats over everything these days. Would be nice if there was just one thing where we could come together and celebrate the good things about this country. This is apparently not possible so i wish they would just stop the anthem and flag at games.

We are at each other's throats over everything these days. Would be nice if there was just one thing where we could come together and celebrate the good things about this country. This is apparently not possible so i wish they would just stop the anthem and flag at games.
That is exactly what “they” want. No

That is exactly what “they” want. No

I disagree. While everyone is at attention, I think they want the ability to draw attention to how unfair they think everything is so would be disappointed by losing that opportunity.

Last edited:

I really wish these ignorant morons would in fact choose to stop being Gopher fans. I hope the team continues to kneel and these victims can go find something else to support.

It's actually funny how butt hurt you libs get when we don't agree with you. Look at yourself in the mirror once? LOL. You're also a moron as much as I am. Telling me to quit following Gopher Hoops altogether because I don't support their kneeling and view points? I never said I didn't support this team for what they do on the court. You're going to get your way and I hope our country does well, but don't be crying about how bad things get under Biden/Harris. I will have zero empathy for you.

It's actually funny how butt hurt you libs get when we don't agree with you. Look at yourself in the mirror once? LOL. You're also a moron as much as I am. Telling me to quit following Gopher Hoops altogether because I don't support their kneeling and view points? I never said I didn't support this team for what they do on the court. You're going to get your way and I hope our country does well, but don't be crying about how bad things get under Biden/Harris. I will have zero empathy for you.

Huh? The funny things is how the butthurt party is actually the righties whining about a jersey or kneeling. Such an insignificant thing. But the right whines about everything these days and have adapted their hero Trump's victim mentality.

I didn't tell you to quit being a Gophers fan. I think we'd be better off without you....and if kneeling is the breaking point....well I hope they keep doing it so that we can weed out the crazies.

And I won't be crying about how things get under Biden and Harris. That will 100% be you guys. We'll still be laughing about what big victims you've become.

Top Bottom