Taking a knee at Iowa.

What's going on in the country? A couple hundred trump supporters entered the white house uninvited. They are being arrested for trespassing. One protester was shot by police which is sad.

What's going on in the country? A couple hundred trump supporters entered the white house uninvited. They are being arrested for trespassing. One protester was shot by police which is sad.

A lot of them had flags though.

Yeah. Carrying the American flag while storming the capitol in open insurrection is no big deal.

But a couple dozen college kids kneeling before the anthem even starts in protest REALLY crosses the line, dadgummit!!

Iowa is on Woke probation so they have to virtue signal as much as possible for recruiting purposes! LOL. Truthfully it doesn't matter anymore, if it ever did. Glad I'm old.

Good lord, we're going down the rabbit hole on this again?

There is this little addition to the Constitution that is called the Bill of Rights.
Article One is about among other things free speech.
Even Scalia had to rule that burning the American flag was protected by the First Amendment.

I don’t even know where to begin with this. In just one sentence there are two inaccuracies and one outrageous understatement. “Entered uninvited”. Lol. They’re all literal terrorists and were there to murder people. Go ahead and be offended by kneeling though.

I don’t see the point in honoring a country that has 40,000 former servicemen and women living on the streets. The anthem like so many “military appreciation” acts are paid for propaganda to convince young people to go serve in our power hungry senseless endless wars. If you really feel strongly about honoring those who served, instead of standing up to applaud at sporting events, walk out and go volunteer at the VA where you’ll see the results of our country’s actions. Your work would mean a lot more than applauding while the team gives them a dumb ass jersey with their name on it. Spend less time being outraged online because you feel guilt for not serving and go help people who need it.

Didn’t BLM/Antifa rioters take over the MN capitol this summer? Was that an insurrection or a peaceful protest? The double standard by the Left is the real outrage.

I love that they took the knee. Thanks for letting me know about it. On the other hand, it is disturbing seeing people justify domestic terrorism. Five people were killed, one was a police officer, and another police officer apparently killed himself after.

Didn’t BLM/Antifa rioters take over the MN capitol this summer? Was that an insurrection or a peaceful protest? The double standard by the Left is the real outrage.
No police officers were killed and they were protesting the systematic murder of Black Americans not a delusional plot to overthrow the government.

The Trump supporters beat a police officer to death with a fire extinguisher and injured several others. They brought a noose and were chanting “hang Mike Pence”. They also brought guns and zip ties to restrain hostages and made it clear that they were going to kill Nancy Pelosi if they found her. The fact that you’re comparing all of this to any protest by BLM is absolutely insane.

Omg, like roaches after the lights go out, this thread predictably has already brought out some of the worst posters on GH. Posters you rarely see in any actual sports discussions, but if there is a political or COVID topic, they appear to spew their out of touch bile.

I just finished reading how people in Kentucky were pissed that the UK team kneeled before their game against Florida. I wasn't surprised because...Kentucky. But it's really sad to see this on a Minnesota message board. I guess I should have known better after some of our "fans" were so upset by the "End Racism" nameplates last fall.

Honestly, if it cleanses our fanbase of these types of people, I hope we kneel before every game going forward. Good riddance.

Top Bottom