Take your pick: Kevin McHale or Flip Saunders

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
For me it is a tossup but one of these two guys should be coaching our team next year. My only fear is that there will be no "suitors" for Tubby after his latest debacle.

For me it is a tossup but one of these two guys should be coaching our team next year. My only fear is that there will be no "suitors" for Tubby after his latest debacle.

IF we can get Flip Saunders, then this is a no-brainer. What makes you think we could really get either? Tubby will have plenty of "suitors", including the U.

I'm ready for Flip. Whether we can get him or not, I have no idea. I guess our hope would be to appeal to his alumni spirit. No ill will to Tubby, but wow this offense is so dreadful to watch. Sorry to repeat myself, but I feel like I'm watching inter-mural basketball when we are on offense.

I'm ready for Flip. Whether we can get him or not, I have no idea. I guess our hope would be to appeal to his alumni spirit. No ill will to Tubby, but wow this offense is so dreadful to watch. Sorry to repeat myself, but I feel like I'm watching inter-mural basketball when we are on offense.

One thing Flip really knew was how to implement an offensive scheme. Watching the TWolves pass the ball and weave around for a few years there in the early 2000s was pure beauty.

McHale? Seriously?

Just to play along, I'd take Flip. I think he would do well, especially if he could bring in Sam Cassell (one of his current Wizards assistants) with him.

I can't imagine Mchale coaching a college basketball team. The Summer recruiting season would interfere with his "cabin time" he always took while part of the Wolves.

Tubby deserves some blame for tonight, but moving to replacing someone who has taken the program from moribund to competitive is a stretch too.

That said, I think Flip would be great when he's done with the NBA thing if he wants it. But he'd need to surround himself with college coaches /recruiters. For what it's worth, I live out in DC and his honeymoon is clearly over out here and his time with the Wizards might be short.

McHale would be a great recruiter. His is so good at evaluating talent.:rolleyes:

Tony Dungy is the answer.

Top Bottom