Take a snapshot of this team

MaroonGopher

Banned
Reaction score
This team -- not the one with Nolen, Joseph and Walker -- but the one that has lost 8 of 9 or whatever, might be the worst Gopher squad in quite some time. I know some late Monson teams were bad, but this bad? I don't know. I'm done ripping Tubby, whatever. I'm just so lost as to the direction (or lack there of) of this program right now. It's seriously reeling out of control.

To think that Spencer Tollickson thought three wins would have put this team in the NCAAs. What a joke...

To think that Spencer Tollickson thought three wins would have put this team in the NCAAs. What a joke...
Hilarious, indeed. They aren't even capable of ONE lousy win. Awesome end to a season in progress.

The way this team is playing right now it's really hard to have any optimism for next season. How did Tubby recruit so many rotten shooters?

It's striking to compare this roster with Tubby's first team that he took to the NIT (08-09):

McKenzie
Coleman
Abu Shamala
Westbrook
Nolen
Hoffarber

Not to mention Damian Johnson and Tollackson. A stacked team compared to what's left of this team. Maybe Tubby's done a pretty decent job getting 17 wins out of this.

It's striking to compare this roster with Tubby's first team that he took to the NIT (08-09):

McKenzie
Coleman
Abu Shamala
Westbrook
Nolen
Hoffarber

Not to mention Damian Johnson and Tollackson. A stacked team compared to what's left of this team. Maybe Tubby's done a pretty decent job getting 17 wins out of this.

If this is what he started with - yeah. However, the team he started with won most all fo those games. This recent team is 2-8 post Nolen.

I will say this- that first team had guys that could shoot!!

If this is what he started with - yeah. However, the team he started with won most all fo those games. This recent team is 2-8 post Nolen.

I will say this- that first team had guys that could shoot!!

I will add that that 'first team' was all Monson recruits. The present team, outside of Hoff, are all Tubby recruits.

Top Bottom