Tailgating incident?

Gophers_4life

Banned
Reaction score
(Sorry to bring this up here, if you want to move this please do.)

Heard through the grapevine that ambulances had to be called to one of the tailgating lots, and CPR performed?? EDIT: pre-game tailgating

Hope the person is OK. 🙏 Anyone know anything? Did not see anything in STrib or bringmethenews.

Last edited:

The thing I heard about was pre-game
Oh. Okay. I was too distracted trying to secure a ticket due to a botched transfer within the group. I did see EMS trucks close to the stadium, but I always assume they are just staging themselves for in game events.

There were are number of police/EMS vehicles at or near the Ski-U-Mah lot that came in hot
at about 7:15 if that is what you are referring to.

In the lot across from the Victory Lot, a couple of fans were overcome by the heat.

Still nothing in papers, guess this is not getting picked up. You'd think needing CPR is a pretty big deal. Thanks to those who contributed! 🙏

Still nothing in papers, guess this is not getting picked up. You'd think needing CPR is a pretty big deal. Thanks to those who contributed! 🙏
I know an ER nurse at North Memorial and there are many many incidents like this (or much worse) that don't make it into the paper. And I mean multiple incidents every single day. Kudos to the EMTs and ER doctors and nurses by the way. Saving lives every day.

This isn’t Mayberry. They aren’t reporting every time an ambulance is called. It being at a tailgate is no different than at a place of work, backyard BBQ or shopping mall. There wasn’t an incident worth reporting. Imagine the thickness of the paper if they reported every emergency call?

It was super hot that whole evening. Add in a grill and some alcohol and unfortunately this doesn't shock me. I saw some medical personnel a few sections over from me early in the game going to help someone too.

This isn’t Mayberry. They aren’t reporting every time an ambulance is called. It being at a tailgate is no different than at a place of work, backyard BBQ or shopping mall. There wasn’t an incident worth reporting. Imagine the thickness of the paper if they reported every emergency call?
Crime is being suppressed.

A Ski-U-Mah lot incident happened right next to our tailgate about 6:30-7p. EMT ambulance and police did show up, but a guy (probably close to 70 y.o.) fainted due to heat - probably not getting enough water combined with too much beer (we inquired afterwards). No CPR was performed. The EMT folks stayed with him a good long time making sure everything was okay, but he did not go to the ER. Saw him walking around afterwards seemingly okay

Last edited:

does anyone monitor police/ambulance calls during games the way they do in Green Bay?

those are usually a hoot during Packer games - typically involving really drunk people doing embarrassing things.

does anyone monitor police/ambulance calls during games the way they do in Green Bay?

those are usually a hoot during Packer games - typically involving really drunk people doing embarrassing
Just pulled the audio came in as unconscious, Fire ended up getting canceled by EMS
Fire Audio link
EMS Audio

Last edited:

Clarified with the person that had heard it from. They said they saw like an automated defib hooked up and some kind of machine that was pushing down on the person's chest, sounded like a CPR machine? Maybe so the defib wouldn't shock you? Then the ambulance left with sirens on later (which is a good thing, means there's a reason to rush ...)

That seems a lot more serious than just someone passing out from the heat ....

those are usually a hoot during Packer games - typically involving really drunk people doing embarrassing things.
Good idea to check this. I did find an account on Twitter that kind of does this: https://twitter.com/CrimeWatchMpls/

They don't have any post for anything in tailgating lots. Maybe it was a U of MN police/fire/ems response and so doesn't show up for the city?

BUT ... did find this awesome post .......

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Clarified with the person that had heard it from. They said they saw like an automated defib hooked up and some kind of machine that was pushing down on the person's chest, sounded like a CPR machine? Maybe so the defib wouldn't shock you? Then the ambulance left with sirens on later (which is a good thing, means there's a reason to rush ...)

That seems a lot more serious than just someone passing out from the heat ....
IF CPR was in progress they wouldn't have canceled fire kind of a standard protocol. Yes that would be called a Lucas machine they days of manual CPR are over. I mean it could have happened that they hooked up the Lucas and Defib, but you know how the game telephone goes one person say something and it changes.

IF CPR was in progress they wouldn't have canceled fire kind of a standard protocol. Yes that would be called a Lucas machine they days of manual CPR are over. I mean it could have happened that they hooked up the Lucas and Defib, but you know how the game telephone goes one person say something and it changes.
Thanks for the info. Never heard of a Lucas machine. True, I am completely going off what that person said, I was not there.

Top Bottom