Tailgating Enforcement?

This is to ensure that the non-tailgaters that park there that show up a half an hour before the game (never understood why they park in Lot 37) don't have to drive through the throngs who are enjoying tailgating. These are the same people who want you to sit down during the game...just stay home and watch it on the couch! They should just cordon off some non-tailgating spots for those who arrive late. Bottom line is they will not be able to enforce it as shown above.

This is to ensure that the non-tailgaters that park there that show up a half an hour before the game (never understood why they park in Lot 37) don't have to drive through the throngs who are enjoying tailgating. These are the same people who want you to sit down during the game...just stay home and watch it on the couch! They should just cordon off some non-tailgating spots for those who arrive late. Bottom line is they will not be able to enforce it as shown above.
I mean ... don't tailgate toward he entrance ... if you pick a spot and nobody is around you and you own one parking spot, that's how it works. Someone is going to be there.

I don't know what about tailgating lot makes folks think they get more spots than they paid for and can tell other people to go home.

Want all those spots and space, pay for it or deal with it.

Sometimes, some of us choose not to tailgate every game & just use our paid space to park. I park in C58 in front of the Pavilion. Last year, there were some games where I was showing up in the 2nd quarter due to coming from kids' activities (i.e: their football games) & would come straight from the game.

I wouldn't be opposed to some non-tailgating spots be delegated. Question though is what happens if those are all taken? I don't have an issue if someone is over the lines a little bit, but then they have to not complain when they're asked to move if someone is wanting to get by them or park if there's an open spot.

I got an email today with this image.

As someone who used to park in Lot 37 I have to wonder if it will be enforced.

View attachment 26576
I'm actually more worried about the U of MN employees that will be in spots when the lot opens. It happens every year. Those cars get like 100 beer cans left on them, and are always parked in key spots. They should instruct employees on that day to park in the middle of the lot, or spots closest to the exit.

I'm actually more worried about the U of MN employees that will be in spots when the lot opens. It happens every year. Those cars get like 100 beer cans left on them, and are always parked in key spots. They should instruct employees on that day to park in the middle of the lot, or spots closest to the exit.
Are they often in there from the previous day? Like overnight?

Sometimes, some of us choose not to tailgate every game & just use our paid space to park. I park in C58 in front of the Pavilion. Last year, there were some games where I was showing up in the 2nd quarter due to coming from kids' activities (i.e: their football games) & would come straight from the game.

I wouldn't be opposed to some non-tailgating spots be delegated. Question though is what happens if those are all taken? I don't have an issue if someone is over the lines a little bit, but then they have to not complain when they're asked to move if someone is wanting to get by them or park if there's an open spot.
C58 is the tailgating jewel! Awesome place and people.

Frankly, the tailgating lots should be closed to public and contract parking on this entire day. Towed by noon if you entered prior and won’t leave.

Sorry … not sorry.

Take the long weekend off, for crissakes. Semester madness always starts Tues after Labor. Get some zen while you can.

And if you’re that damn stubborn, go park in East River.

generally just for the first thursday game
That makes sense.

I'm in the Minnesota lot now and got an email "uh ... well good luck" about that due to school parking. Totally understandable considering that lot.

Is this allowed?
jump-split.gif

Frankly, the tailgating lots should be closed to public and contract parking on this entire day. Towed by noon if you entered prior and won’t leave.

Sorry … not sorry.

Take the long weekend off, for crissakes. Semester madness always starts Tues after Labor. Get some zen while you can.

And if you’re that damn stubborn, go park in East River.
Agreed. If tailgating starts at 2. Make sure they are gone by 1 (noon is better and let them take a half day. It shouldn't be that hard for the University to pretend its a big time football program.

If tailgating starts at 2. Make sure they are gone by 1 and let them take a half day. It shouldn't be that hard for the University to pretend its a big time football program.
Lotta different folks at the U though. Guy has an experiment in a lab that needs checking regularly ... can't just take the afternoon off.

I'm ok with one less than ideal parking day.

Those folks at the U do more than I do just attending a game ...

More reasons why I love our C86 West Bank location. It may not have the "energy" of the lots close to the stadium. But our crew of 10 (often more) are able to hook together multiple canopies, have a separate grilling/cooking area and spread out in ways that would definitely not be possible in lots close to the stadium. Plus you get a beautiful walk through campus to get to/from the game or a quick ride on the light rail when weather gets cold. The icing on the cake is the easy exit with no post game traffic to deal with. And did I mention that there is no "donation" required to get a spot there? I couldn't be happier.

More reasons why I love our C86 West Bank location. It may not have the "energy" of the lots close to the stadium. But our crew of 10 (often more) are able to hook together multiple canopies, have a separate grilling/cooking area and spread out in ways that would definitely not be possible in lots close to the stadium. Plus you get a beautiful walk through campus to get to/from the game or a quick ride on the light rail when weather gets cold. The icing on the cake is the easy exit with no post game traffic to deal with. And did I mention that there is no "donation" required to get a spot there? I couldn't be happier.
I technically moved up but I've thought about that area too....

Might try to move there later and out of being super close.

That walk is gorgeous.

Guy has an experiment in a lab that needs checking regularly

fine! Park in East River for a day (hell, an afternoon!)! Or one of the many other parking options that aren't a tailgate lot.

One day out of the year.

And that's not even true, because some of those lots are also used for State Fair park n ride parking! Really talking about a select few, where the public and contract holders have to give it up for one friggin day.

Guy has an experiment in a lab that needs checking regularly

fine! Park in East River for a day (hell, an afternoon!)! Or one of the many other parking options that aren't a tailgate lot.

One day out of the year.

And that's not even true, because some of those lots are also used for State Fair park n ride parking! Really talking about a select few, where the public and contract holders have to give it up for one friggin day.
My goodness. Are you OK?

Lot 37 is pretty much empty today. Not sure about other lots. That Go Bid Red chant will be annoying today. Anyways get after Sims and beat Nebraska!

Agreed. If tailgating starts at 2. Make sure they are gone by 1 (noon is better and let them take a half day. It shouldn't be that hard for the University to pretend its a big time football program.
Fall semester starts on Tuesday. I'd imagine there are things to do for staff to get ready.

Has anyone experienced enforcement this year -- I'm in the Victory lot and I haven't see anything different than prior years

Has anyone experienced enforcement this year -- I'm in the Victory lot and I haven't see anything different than prior years
I'm in a new lot so hard to tell, if I were in 37 i might have had some sense if anything has changed.
Granted even for all the issues there most tailgaters are good about things.

I moved to lot 55 this year. The lot has quite a number of tailgaters...but I have found them quite accommodating when I arrive 45 minutes before the game. Lot 37 was just too chaotic for a late arrival and also difficult to exit after the game.

The tailgaters and the lot supervisor seem to work together well in lot 55.

I moved to lot 55 this year. The lot has quite a number of tailgaters...but I have found them quite accommodating when I arrive 45 minutes before the game. Lot 37 was just too chaotic for a late arrival and also difficult to exit after the game.

The tailgaters and the lot supervisor seem to work together well in lot 55.
I think in all the smaller lots everyone cooperates better.

Bigger lots are more traffic and without a lot of enforcement there's more volume of traffic for slowdowns / pain.

Dude at lot 55 is only going to have so many interruptions. Dude who parked between the enterance and 100 open spots in lot 37 ... yeah you're going to get interrupted buddy.

Top Bottom