Tailgate hours for opener

swingman

Reaction score
Note about Thursday, Sept. 2 Game

Most contract parkers will continue to use their assigned contracts on this weekday game (Thursday, August 29). Necessary relocations will be on a limited basis and an email will be sent to those affected lot contract holders.

For PUBLIC parking needs

• DAILY public parking will be available on campus until 11 a.m. After 11 a.m., daily lots will be closed to additional vehicles until they open to football event parking at 2 p.m.
  • HOURLY public parking will be available in the East River Road Garage and 4th Street Ramp until 2 p.m.
  • Faculty, staff, and students who arrive after 2 p.m. and show a valid University ID can pay a discounted public parking rate of $6 in the Oak Street Ramp and East River Road Garage.
  • Staff coming to campus Thursday afternoon and evening for work shifts should allow extra time for travel and parking.
  • Campus shuttle service will operate on the regular summer schedule, with service ending at 6 p.m.

Back in June I sent President Gable a note identifying that parking conflicts with staff/students had been a concern in the past at the C-86 Lot designated for tailgating on the West Bank. I suggested opening this and others at 2 PM was a good compromise.

This message is for public parking. Not sure what the status will be for the tailgate lots.

Back in June I sent President Gable a note identifying that parking conflicts with staff/students had been a concern in the past at the C-86 Lot designated for tailgating on the West Bank. I suggested opening this and others at 2 PM was a good compromise.

This message is for public parking. Not sure what the status will be for the tailgate lots.
The Thursday games in the C-86 lot have usually been a mixed bag of somewhere between atrocious and terrible. It always amazes me how dedicated the U is to maintaining that first game on a Thursday, yet doing very little to make it work logistically. A few years ago we arrived shortly after "tailgate opening" time at the lot to a line of cars. There was nobody working the booth to open the gate. So we sat in a line of cars, parked in the road, and set up in the grass next to the street. The lot is almost always at least 75% full of contract parkers when it opens to tailgaters.

The Thursday games in the C-86 lot have usually been a mixed bag of somewhere between atrocious and terrible. It always amazes me how dedicated the U is to maintaining that first game on a Thursday, yet doing very little to make it work logistically. A few years ago we arrived shortly after "tailgate opening" time at the lot to a line of cars. There was nobody working the booth to open the gate. So we sat in a line of cars, parked in the road, and set up in the grass next to the street. The lot is almost always at least 75% full of contract parkers when it opens to tailgaters.
Parking 'management' is always a mess

Lot 37.

Sometimes the folks there running the show are all over it and well organized.

Other times it is chaos.

Bump...

Looks like the tailgate lots open at 2 PM this year. Thanks very much President Gabel and the Mgt Team. Just got this message:

September 2, 2021 vs. Ohio State - Parking lots will open at 2pm.

Top Bottom