Tafoya Predicts Fulmer

Law_Abiding_Gopher

10th Year Senior
Reaction score
Michele Tafoya
@tafoyashow Michele Tafoya

Gophers head football coach prediction: former #UT head coach #PhilFulmer.

Tomorrow the prediction is going to be Lou Holtz

or Billy Cockerham

EILTBRAQYZWEYOI.20060622184602.jpg

I hope not. He's way too old and he's never built a program from the ground up.

Fullmer probably the only name mentioned that she's ever heard of. Doubt she's really plugged in. Sid's going to predict Lou Holtz and Paul Allen will go with Scott Linehan.

Henry L Williams will come out of retirement, and back from the grave to coach the Gophers. This will not be without controversy, as some may object to a brain-eating zombie coaching a BCS team.

This has about as much credibility as any other rumor.

Hey I'm just playing the everytime anyone tweets anything we start a new thread game.

If our university really didn't want to deal with the problems that occured with Mike Leach, I can't believe that they would hire the coach who is the namesake for the trophy given to the most criminal college football teams.

Fullmer probably the only name mentioned that she's ever heard of. Doubt she's really plugged in. Sid's going to predict Lou Holtz and Paul Allen will go with Scott Linehan.

Ummmmm, actually Tafoya is pretty connected. She covers/has covered college football as a broadcaster for many years and she is on the MNF broadcast team with Gruden who I'm sure has been hearing rumors as part of the coaching fraternity.

I posted a link a few weeks ago after I e-mailed her to ask Gruden if he would consider the Gopher job. She e-mailed me back that he was holding out for an NFL job, and just yesterday he made a statement that he was not interested in the Miami job and was focusing on MNF for now, so I believe her.

If our university really didn't want to deal with the problems that occured with Mike Leach, I can't believe that they would hire the coach who is the namesake for the trophy given to the most criminal college football teams.

Maybe we could make room in the trophy case for it....

I personally don't want Fulmer. He didn't have a lot of fire in him his last year in Tennessee. I can't imagine the spark has resurged since he is a few years older.

The guy can recruit though!

Ummmmm, actually Tafoya is pretty connected. She covers/has covered college football as a broadcaster for many years and she is on the MNF broadcast team with Gruden who I'm sure has been hearing rumors as part of the coaching fraternity.

I posted a link a few weeks ago after I e-mailed her to ask Gruden if he would consider the Gopher job. She e-mailed me back that he was holding out for an NFL job, and just yesterday he made a statement that he was not interested in the Miami job and was focusing on MNF for now, so I believe her.

I dont doubt that she is connected, but honestly there are how many people that are the front runner for this job it is not even funny. We would have front runners left over if we hired them all for the HC, OC, DC and all of the position coaches and probably the grad asst as well.

Everyone in the media is throwing out any name that may catch on in order to possibly be able to say "I told you so".

One day someone tweets some mid major coach is the front runner and the very next day someone else tweets that the same mid major coach was never a candidate for the job.

No one knows whats going on. This probably won't change until an announcement is actually made.

This does bring up one question.

Is this a new second tweet or the same one she tweeted a couple of weeks ago, I'm almost positive I recall her bring up Fulmer's name before, does anyone else recall this also?

If it's a second tweet about Fulmer she has not been wavering and throwing a lot of names out there like Schmidt and Doogie have, does this make Tafoya's tweet any more credible?

Only throwing out names we get from agents/Bierman contacts/coaches... although someone at Bierman pulled a fast one today with the Fedora news.

This does bring up one question.

Is this a new second tweet or the same one she tweeted a couple of weeks ago, I'm almost positive I recall her bring up Fulmer's name before, does anyone else recall this also?

If it's a second tweet about Fulmer she has not been wavering and throwing a lot of names out there like Schmidt and Doogie have, does this make Tafoya's tweet any more credible?

This is a new tweet from her, she tweeted it a few hours ago. You are correct, she made a similar prediction a few weeks back, so she's definitely sticking to her guns. While not a big player in breaking local stories, she obviously has contacts.

Go Gophers!!

While not a big player in breaking local stories, she obviously has contacts.

Or her husband is good friends with Fulmer and she wants to throw his name out there to make it appear like he's more sought after than he actually is.

Doogie tweet:

"Interesting on Tafoya's tweet. She is w/ Gruden on MNF. Gruden knows Fulmer (on same Tenn. staff in 90's). Could be legit."

Go Gophers!!

Nope

Phil Fulmer doesn't take vacant jobs. He only takes jobs that are currently filled by stabbing the incumbent in the back.

Remember, Tafoya covered the SEC for years as the sideline reporter for CBS when Fulmer was at Tennessee. In addition to her MNF duties she does host a radio show in town too.

Or her husband is good friends with Fulmer and she wants to throw his name out there to make it appear like he's more sought after than he actually is.

Actually, her husband and father-in-law are die hard gopher supporters. Father-in-law is a former assistant coach on gopher staffs in the 80's. Doubt her husband has any relationship with Fulmer

This is what I was afraid of. Mullen was too good to be true. Fulmer is too old for this job. It's one thing to have the pulse of 10 kids (Tubby), entirely different from having control over 100. Unless this guy brings some serious kick-a** assistants who can really manage and coach this will be a huge mess. Ugh... for crying out loud what is maturi thinking.

I agree.

I personally don't want Fulmer. He didn't have a lot of fire in him his last year in Tennessee. I can't imagine the spark has resurged since he is a few years older.

The guy can recruit though!

Many of us down here in Vol country thought he was washed up two or three years before UTK pulled the plug. I am not sure that he could still recruit either. By the time that Lane Kiffen arrived on the scene the cupboard was pretty bare. He was still getting high ratings for his classes but he wasn't getting players. Sort of tells you how accurate the rating services are. He was also having trouble pulling together the right mix of assistants. It wasn't pretty by the end.

Doogie tweet:

"Interesting on Tafoya's tweet. She is w/ Gruden on MNF. Gruden knows Fulmer (on same Tenn. staff in 90's). Could be legit."

Go Gophers!!

Sweet, my postings inspire a Doogie tweet, does that make me a source?

Love ya Doogie, but this just goes to show ya that tweeters can come up with thoughts from simply reading others comments. Not that I mind, I feel kinda famous now. I appreciate you checking and providing the Gruden/Fulmer connection, I didn't know about that, nice work....keep up the digging and reporting.

:) ... Tafoya and I worked on-air together at KFAN a few different times when she filled in for Chad, so know her, so I follow her. But correct, saw you reference her tweet before seeing her actual tweet.

Top Bottom