Syracuse

OOPS. Forgot about their last drive of hte first half. They crossed mid field right at the end and missed a 50 yard FG.

Just missed on 4th and goal - they do seem to be improved this year. Wouldn't surprise me to see them competitive in the Big East (obviously some pretty mediocre teams).

It helps that PSU has film of what Syracuse actually does on offense. Remember that we didn't have anything, so we took the first half to scout them on offense and figure out what they were doing. Then we shut them down.

It helps that PSU has film of what Syracuse actually does on offense. Remember that we didn't have anything, so we took the first half to scout them on offense and figure out what they were doing. Then we shut them down.

LOL! Nice spin.

I have been very impressed with the way Syracuse has played Penn St. Keep in mind that PSU is ranked 7 in the AP top 25. One would think that they would be winning by 40 at this point in the game. Especially when you consider that Cuse has been one of the worst teams in country for the last 4 years. PSU really has not been able to run the ball against Cuse, they have been getting their yards through the air.

Face it, the Gopher defense last week exposed the Syracuse offense. The corrections the d made was enough to show the Cuse offense for what it was. Their def. is all right, but the offense really lacks. Once the Gophers figured out what they were doing, Cuse basically was exposed and is now in for a very long season...offense wise anyway.

It is like the Gophers/NW game last year. Once NW exposed the weaknesses of the OL, that was it for them, though I do concede Decker's (and Webers) injuries did not help either.

Top Bottom