Sunny side vs shade debate for the team

Stan

Reaction score
I know we've had this debate before, but if I'm Fleck, I'd go shade side for the first half of the season and sunny side for the second half of the season.

Not that we can't talk about it, I find it amusing.

But this is like a debate between "preppers" now where there can be no end to discussion ... but nothing ever happens and if it does it probably doesn't play out like anyone imagines / reasons / results... etc.

But just to toss it out there I'll say that the visitors side looking into the sun late afternoon are blinded by the sun ... not sure we want that.

You know it wasn't actually 120 degrees on the Vikings sideline, right?

There aren’t many times that the sunny side of the stadium is a benefit, but it does happen.

Basically, for the sunny side to be an advantage - it has to be a cold sunny day with an 11:00 am kickoff. With a 2:30 or later kickoff, the second half is dark anyway on any game dates cold enough to matter.

There have been plenty of cold weather games in the history of the bank. Of them, how many…

…were played on a cloudy day?
…were played when it is snowing?
…were played after NOV 1, it was sunny, and kicked off at 2:30 or later?

Meanwhile, how many other games were played in 80 degrees or more early season with 11:00 OR 2:30 kickoffs when the sunny side of the stadium is uncomfortably warm? There has been multiple games where there has been a fan migration from sun to shade.

I’d venture to guess the numbers are about even, with perhaps a couple game advantage where the shady side is more comfortable.

I get it though, on the rare occasion it is too chilly and the sun is out, anyone on the shady side would rather be in the sun.

Not that we can't talk about it, I find it amusing.

But this is like a debate between "preppers" now where there can be no end to discussion ... but nothing ever happens and if it does it probably doesn't play out like anyone imagines / reasons / results... etc.

But just to toss it out there I'll say that the visitors side looking into the sun late afternoon are blinded by the sun ... not sure we want that.
Hopefully regarding the prepping issue we’re not entering a movie that plays like that.

Its really hard to tell with those analog thermometers....if you look closely it's looks like 121 degrees

Top Bottom