Student Section

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Someone had a picture but thought this deserved its own thread.

Students showed up very well yesterday. Full bowl into the 3rd quarter, with exits to the concourses or home steadily in the 4th.

That was one of the best student sections for an early-September non-conference game since TCF opened. Very good to see.

Someone had a picture but thought this deserved its own thread.

Students showed up very well yesterday. Full bowl into the 3rd quarter, with exits to the concourses or home steadily in the 4th.

That was one of the best student sections for an early-September non-conference game since TCF opened. Very good to see.
Yep. Impressive. Lots of maroon and gold!

I think nearly doubling the number of student tickets sold will play a major role in the student section showing up to every game. Not like there is much better to do at 11am if the ticket feels free since it seems even just OSU/Wisconsin makes season tickets worth it.

Impressed by the numbers and volume. Could have done without the f@ck Miami cheer.
After visits by OH-IO State and Miami University back-to-back, really seemed directed at the State of Ohio itself and not Miami University...at least as it sounded from Section 211.

I guess they could have chanted "Who Hates O-H-I-O" but not quite the same zing as "Who Hates I-O-W-A.."

Happy with the W but If we have a new rival out of this almost non-conference loss is great. Nothing near the Bison hoard to the west but the Red Hawks were still very competent on the field of play.

I'll give the kids a pass on this one as long as they say the same thing when Toledo, Kent State, Ohio, Akron, Bowling Green, and tOSU are in The Bank.

On the vulgarity scale we are neophytes in our student chants. Not a concern.

After visits by OH-IO State and Miami University back-to-back, really seemed directed at the State of Ohio itself and not Miami University...at least as it sounded from Section 211.

I guess they could have chanted "Who Hates O-H-I-O" but not quite the same zing as "Who Hates I-O-W-A.."

Happy with the W but If we have a new rival out of this almost non-conference loss is great. Nothing near the Bison hoard to the west but the Red Hawks were still very competent on the field of play.

I'll give the kids a pass on this one as long as they say the same thing when Toledo, Kent State, Ohio, Akron, Bowling Green, and tOSU are in The Bank.

On the vulgarity scale we are neophytes in our student chants. Not a concern.
Definitely was directed at the state writ large

Agree it was great, but not sure we can expect similar for bowling green. Because Ohio State was game #1 the Miami game was the free game for freshman (and I think sophmores who got robbed last year of the chance).

Agree it was great, but not sure we can expect similar for bowling green. Because Ohio State was game #1 the Miami game was the free game for freshman (and I think sophmores who got robbed last year of the chance).
Yes, as John Mulaney puts it, we had big energy in the beginning...

I didn't think about the angle of students not getting to go to games last year would be driving increased traffic to the games -- now that we are out of marquee opponents (and free tickets) I hope that student interest maintains

Top Bottom