Student section v MSU

Student section was great and so was the crowd. When the team pulled back to down 11 after the five rapid points from Battle and subsequent timeout....the MINNESOTA cheer had some solid engagement. Also....when the final buzzer sounded....Gopher fans were up and applauding....which is great. I think everyone knows that this could be a tough year. To see the grit this team displayed to pull back and make this a respectable game (despite away court cooking) was great to see.

I think the student section will stay solid through B1G play.

There’s one thing that has always bothered me about the arena experience in the Barn. The team goes on a run, the crowd gets on their feet and gets loud, and then the opposing coach of course calls a time out. The pep band then plays the rouser and the crowd is into it. But after than, all of the non-students sit back down and by the time they’re back on the court, it’s like nothing happened. More needs to be done to keep the energy in the building through those timeouts.

I think the student section will stay solid through B1G play.

There’s one thing that has always bothered me about the arena experience in the Barn. The team goes on a run, the crowd gets on their feet and gets loud, and then the opposing coach of course calls a time out. The pep band then plays the rouser and the crowd is into it. But after than, all of the non-students sit back down and by the time they’re back on the court, it’s like nothing happened. More needs to be done to keep the energy in the building through those timeouts.
We just need to revive the lifeless cadaver that was the Gopher Men's Basketball team on the court. Then, the Barn will be rocking more often throughout the entire game.

Ben Johnson looks like he will breathe life back into the program.

Top Bottom