STrib: Top to bottom, Big Ten boasts NCAA tournament-caliber teams

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Three of the top five teams in the country are Big Ten teams, and six teams overall dot the Associated Press poll, more than any other conference. Behind Gonzaga and Baylor are the Big Ten’s top two teams in No. 3 Iowa and No. 4 Wisconsin, gunning for that No. 1 spot as college basketball’s best team.

“The six ranked teams in the Top 25 doesn’t do justice to how deep this league is,” Big Ten Network analyst and former Purdue star Robbie Hummel said. “Considering who this league lost. You lose Cassius Winston, you lose Xavier Tillman, you lose Daniel Oturu, you lose Jalen Smith. It’s still totally loaded. We still had so many guys come back to school. There are so many good teams. It’s going to be a heck of a year for the Big Ten.”

Historic year, even.

Go Gophers!!

Wisconsin is OVERRATED!

There is no player on that team Robbie Hummel will mention as a Major Loss next year!

Wisconsin is OVERRATED!

There is no player on that team Robbie Hummel will mention as a Major Loss next year!
Are they? Just because they dont have a superstar doesnt mean they cant be a top 4 team. Will they be a top 4 team by end of year? Maybe not, but havent we been saying this for 20 years now about wisconsin and they always seem to finish top 5 in big ten. Maybe they are overrated, but something tells me they will be there in the end! They always are.

Wisconsin is OVERRATED!

A little. I don’t think they’re top 4

no question in my mind they’re top 20.

A little. I don’t think they’re top 4

no question in my mind they’re top 20.
Definitely top 25 but I don't think they have any business in the top ten. I can probably think of 15 teams I would favor over them off the top of my head at Wisconsin.

Definitely top 25 but I don't think they have any business in the top ten. I can probably think of 15 teams I would favor over them off the top of my head at Wisconsin.
Yeah. But if Wisconsin played those 15 teams they’d probably win 5-7 of them 15 games...does that make them top 20?

5-10 record. No.

But that is hard to say, never seen anyone with 15 games against the top 15 in the same season!

Top Bottom