STrib: Tara Starks Named Girls Basketball Coach at Hopkins

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

“This is a dream come true,” said Starks, whose daughter, T.T., played at Hopkins and who is credited with much of the development of recently graduated superstar Paige Bueckers, who has moved on to the University of Connecticut.

“I hadn’t applied for any other high school jobs since I left North because I wasn’t sure if it was worth it,” she said. “Something in me said this is where you want to be, this is where you should be, this is what you should be doing.”

Seven current Hopkins players -- including top talents Amaya Battle, Taylor Woodson, Nunu Agara and Alayna Contreras -- played for Starks’ AAU team this summer.

Bueckers was quick to retweet Johnson's posting, saying, “You guys know I love this hire!!! From one legend to another.”

It makes sense, they will continue to be a power for many more years.

Did Tara Starks play college hoops for the Gophers?

I am wondering if she has any ties at all to the U to the benefit of the Gopher Basketball program. For too long, Hopkins WBB has been "ignored" by the U for one reason or another. I hope that Lindsay Whalen can change all that.

It is tougher to recruit instate players with the advent of the AAU summer basketball league that put Minnesota HS Basketball on everybody's bullseye.

Top Bottom