STrib: Ramblings on Clark's Visit to the Barn

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

'Perfect moment'​

But it's not only Clark.

Yes, she's everywhere, reportedly raking in upwards of $800,000 in name, image and likeness (NIL) money, leading an Iowa team that has a great chance to return to the NCAA title game.

But to Nicole LaVoi, director at the University of Minnesota's Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport, it's more than that. Clark is riding the crest of a wave that's been building for a while.

"Caitlin Clark is coming along at a perfect moment," LaVoi said. "The return is there [for those who invest in women's sports], industry is getting involved. She's become the poster woman for all of it. It's exciting."

But not necessarily isolated.

She's the Taylor Swift of womens basketball. From everything I've heard, she's a great person in addition to being a great basketball player. Great for the sport and I applaud all the positive attention she's brought to womens sports in general.

That said, hope she has an off-night against the Gophers. Hopefully that would be enough to give our team a chance to spring the upset. I hope none of our fans embarrasses themselves by being an A-hole toward Clark, or any of the players or officials tonight. There's a line between being an avid fan and being the fan that makes everybody look bad.

Last edited:

She's the Taylor Swift of womens basketball. From everything I've heard, she's a great person in addition to being a great basketball player. Great for the sport and I applaud all the positive attention she's brought to womens sports in general.
Clark has some maturity issues on the court, but once the horn sounds, she has been a model WBB representative, which is truly amazing. No female college athlete has ever faced the sustained attention and sustained pressure that Clark has. She has been baited, trolled and criticized, in addition to being hailed and praised. And she has handled it all very well. But I suspect Clark will be relieved when the circus is over this year. Hopefully she can get through it with grace and class (and be off to the WNBA). She has been great for WBB.

Last edited:

Gophers should just keep giving her the ball and let her cook. It's already gonna be a loss, let's make it spectacular.

Top Bottom