STrib: Jamison Battle is gone, but Ben Johnson is focused on Gophers who stayed

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Johnson has moved on from Battle. The third-year coach is excited about his returning players.

"This is the first time we've had multiple guys returning who are significantly part of the team," Johnson said Wednesday. "What those guys learned from last year has put them so far ahead."

Sophomores Pharrel Payne, Braeden Carrington and Joshua Ola-Joseph could haveentered the transfer portal after the U's disappointing 9-22 finish, but they stayed. They're a talented young core to build around returning leading scorer Dawson Garcia and several newcomers this summer.

"All of those guys could've left," Johnson said. "All of those guys had the option. But each player looks at it differently. In this NIL space, there is no rule book for it, there's no handbook. Each team gets hit differently."

Go Gophers!!

"All of those guys could've left," Johnson said. "All of those guys had the option. But each player looks at it differently. In this NIL space, there is no rule book for it, there's no handbook. Each team gets hit differently."
Yup, way to go Ben! Only three starters left. Could have been worse. Inspiring.

Garcia couldn’t have left after already being at 3 schools in 3 years. However; excited to see possibilities with a full roster.

Yup, way to go Ben! Only three starters left. Could have been worse. Inspiring.
Isn’t there another team that you can go Crap on? I mean seriously if Ben Johnson somehow won the national championship, you’ll be the first in line to try to rip him down. And it’s obvious you don’t worry about someone after they leave no longer his concert. UConn lost six players to the portal. I suppose their coach was inexperienced with a poor record as well. This whole portal situation really does suck but I think Ben trying to build this from the ground up is the right thing to do if you can’t see that or don’t care why waste your time bothering those of us that do care.

Isn’t there another team that you can go Crap on? I mean seriously if Ben Johnson somehow won the national championship, you’ll be the first in line to try to rip him down. And it’s obvious you don’t worry about someone after they leave no longer his concert. UConn lost six players to the portal. I suppose their coach was inexperienced with a poor record as well. This whole portal situation really does suck but I think Ben trying to build this from the ground up is the right thing to do if you can’t see that or don’t care why waste your time bothering those of us that do care.
Lol joan gabel can be the coach if we win the title, no one cares if we win. Coaches who lose receive heavy criticism because they haven't won. Not really that hard.

Back off 60s guy. He bleeds maroon and gold. Feel free to attack me and my sht posts.

Battle was not happy all of last year. You could see it in his body language. I suspect that Ben managed him into the portal - if so - well done! The last thing that ben needed was an upper classman with a bad attitude. Who knows, if he stays we may have seen others enter the portal.

Short of a change in attitude, I am happy he decided to move on.

(That being said, thanks for choosing to be a Gopher Jamison! Good luck.)

Battle was not happy all of last year. You could see it in his body language. I suspect that Ben managed him into the portal - if so - well done! The last thing that ben needed was an upper classman with a bad attitude. Who knows, if he stays we may have seen others enter the portal.

Short of a change in attitude, I am happy he decided to move on.

(That being said, thanks for choosing to be a Gopher Jamison! Good luck.)
I totally agree with you. I’m glad he came back home to to play. You can never fault a guy for doing what’s right for himself. He gave us some great moments and he was really good at staying after the game to take pics and talk to kids. My son got to talk to him multiple times and it’s a great memory that he has. So if his heart wasn’t in it anymore or it’s personal reasons whatever the case I wish him the best of luck also. Except when it comes to the barn.

Don’t forget. Ben Johnson is Black.

I totally agree with you. I’m glad he came back home to to play. You can never fault a guy for doing what’s right for himself. He gave us some great moments and he was really good at staying after the game to take pics and talk to kids. My son got to talk to him multiple times and it’s a great memory that he has. So if his heart wasn’t in it anymore or it’s personal reasons whatever the case I wish him the best of luck also. Except when it comes to the barn.
We tend to make assumptions about people based wholly on their court performance. If Battle had played in 22 like he did in 21 we would all be singing his praises. I don’t recall him being blasted for who he is, just how he played the second year. I hope he has a good year in 23 except when he plays us.

We tend to make assumptions about people based wholly on their court performance. If Battle had played in 22 like he did in 21 we would all be singing his praises. I don’t recall him being blasted for who he is, just how he played the second year. I hope he has a good year in 23 except when he plays us.
Rock and Rock are now talking to themselves.

True sentient AI shit

Rock and Rock are now talking to themselves.

True sentient AI shit
Someday this board will just be AI's arguing with other AI's. AI bots will generate ads for fake AI traffic.

The only real people left visiting GH will be a couple of old timers that fail to realize that the only people responding to their passive aggressive posts are algos. WAIT!, are we there already and nobody told me???

Someday this board will just be AI's arguing with other AI's. AI bots will generate ads for fake AI traffic.

The only real people left visiting GH will be a couple of old timers that fail to realize that the only people responding to their passive aggressive posts are algos. WAIT!, are we there already and nobody told me???
No… I swear I’m Human… beep bop

Top Bottom