STrib: Gophers men's basketball teammates find common ground as Bay Area natives and transfers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

After each basket Mike Mitchell Jr. scored Sunday, big cheers resonated from one section at the Golden State Warriors' Chase Center.

Nobody shouted louder than his three younger siblings wearing their versions of his No. 2 Gophers jersey.

Despite the loss to San Francisco, Bay Area natives Mitchell and his Gophers teammate Jack Wilson were grateful to return home to see family and be on the same floor as the former NBA champion Warriors.

"It's like a dream come true," Mitchell said. "I went to a lot of Warriors games growing up. It's surreal, everybody seeing me back home in a Minnesota jersey."

While their teammates got a kick out of visiting the Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf during the trip, the two Northern Californians reminisced about glory days at high schools nearby.

Go Gophers!!

18 point loss...Ben can't find a way to get Jack into the game??? That's pretty crappy, brain dead, tone deaf, stupid I'd say.

Top Bottom