STrib: Gophers haven't looked remotely ready in Big Ten road games

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The most embarrassing moment this season for Gophers basketball coach Richard Pitino and his players came Wednesday, down 37 points at Michigan, their largest deficit in any game in four years.

"Honestly, we just weren't ready to play," sophomore Isaiah Ihnen said after the 82-57 loss in Ann Arbor. "We don't have any fans. No one really has an advantage, home court or on the road. The team that just plays with the most energy all the time ends up winning."

Whether lacking toughness or energy is the problem or not, the No. 16 Gophers travel to play Sunday at No. 5 Iowa, still missing what nine of 14 Big Ten teams already have on their résumé: a conference road win.

Road wins are always hard to come by in the Big Ten, even during the pandemic with thousands of empty seats in every arena. The Big Ten's home winning percentage is 84% (84-16), similar to what it was at this time last season (86.5%) and second among power conferences this season behind the SEC (85%).

Go Gophers!!

Thank you soooooo much for doing exactly as I expected you to do. Shot one.
Not meant as a shot. You can go game by game, year by year. A friend on this board gave that number to me, sure it is accurate. Sorry if it came as a shot, just a smidge of research i did not want to do.

Not meant as a shot. You can go game by game, year by year. A friend on this board gave that number to me, sure it is accurate. Sorry if it came as a shot, just a smidge of research i did not want to do.
I think nearly every poster on the GH BB board knows - intimately - how far under 500 RP is, on the road and at home.

So is this year really a road curse, or is it just the level of teams we've played on the road (coupled with our own poor play)?

I guess we should find out some type of answer to that, with how they play Michigan next weekend? Do we have a chance because it's at home?

No. I count on you for the overall "under 500" facts, badger.
Just wondered as i thought nearly every poster on GH knew intimately . It is always a mixed bad on a message board for fans as we have fans who think 8-12 is pretty good , that refs cost us games and on and on. We had posters who believe he is a top 3 conference coach. That seems to cause me wonder if they even know our history or our history with Pitino. HGave to remind myself that not everyone studies the way programs are built, what worked where and for how long and to attempt to establish marks for performance, wins-losses, efficiencies, titles, evaluations.

Just wondered as i thought nearly every poster on GH knew intimately . It is always a mixed bad on a message board for fans as we have fans who think 8-12 is pretty good , that refs cost us games and on and on. We had posters who believe he is a top 3 conference coach. That seems to cause me wonder if they even know our history or our history with Pitino. HGave to remind myself that not everyone studies the way programs are built, what worked where and for how long and to attempt to establish marks for performance, wins-losses, efficiencies, titles, evaluations.
Anyone paying attention knows.

Anyone paying attention knows.
Seems as though several people that i know who watch every game actually do not even come close to guessing the home or away record ! They thought we had to be better than 13-51. They thought we were pretty good at home for some or below .500. No one got either number accurate.

Top Bottom