STrib: Gophers could be without center Liam Robbins against Indiana

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Richard Pitino hopes he's not staring down the bench at Liam Robbins on Wednesday night.

That would mean the Gophers center's sprained ankle would keep him sidelined at Indiana in another crucial Big Ten men's basketball game. The 7-foot junior is the Big Ten's top shot blocker and the team's top inside scoring presence.

"He's one of the best centers in the league," said Pitino, the Gophers coach. "We're not better with him not on the court."

Go Gophers!!

Time to roll with athletes then and get up and down the floor.

I am talking to you Ihnen, Johnson, Mashburn, Williams. Big minutes for all these guys. Run them out of the damn gym.
Wouldn't mind seeing them play some small ball.

I am talking to you Ihnen, Johnson, Mashburn, Williams. Big minutes for all these guys. Run them out of the damn gym.
Worth a shot...

Can't wait for the Ihnen-Freeman high-low sensation that is about to rock the B1G.

small ball against IU is a death sentence. Need Robbins to mitigate some of their rim attacking bigs. Even if he plays he has to be on the court more. His propensity to pick up bad fouls is very on brand for a Gopher big (Lynch, Murphy)

Maybe even Freeman if he is still on the team.

The majority of his minutes as a freshman were not at center.

Id agree but center is a stupid concept. He has primarily guarded bigs near the basket in his career. So as a post he can guard a center. He isn’t guarding wings and primary ball handlers real often.

He averaged 20mpg as a freshman. Lynch averaged 23, Konate ~10. So 7 minutes a game or more he was likely guarding the opponents biggest guy cause I don’t recall a lot of Reggie and BK together.

small ball against IU is a death sentence. Need Robbins to mitigate some of their rim attacking bigs. Even if he plays he has to be on the court more. His propensity to pick up bad fouls is very on brand for a Gopher big (Lynch, Murphy)
We saw at Maryland what Robbins can do on a bad ankle -- nothing. There was no sense at all playing him hurt rather than giving him more time to heal. He might then have been OK for Indiana Wednesday.

Top Bottom