STrib: Former Gophers receiver Rashod Bateman's draft prospects rising

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Ben:

Bateman, 21, is projected by many to be the fourth receiver drafted this week, behind LSU's Ja'Marr Chase and Alabama's DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle. That could mean Bateman is drafted late in the first round. The Titans (who pick 22nd overall) and the Packers (who have the 30th pick) had their general managers at the Gophers' pro day, and teams as far up as Washington (at No. 19) and the Bears (at No. 20) have been projected as landing spots for him.

He will take it all in with family in his hometown of Tifton, Ga., on Thursday night, confident he'll end up where he's supposed to be.

"Time will always tell, and time's going to prove everything. I'm just going to put my head down and continue to work," he said. "I don't get too much caught up in that stuff. I believe in a higher power; God has a destination for me, and I'm going to go wherever I'm needed and wherever I'm wanted. That's the mind-set that I have, and the mind-set I'm going to continue to have."

Go Gophers!!

I'm always in on Rashod 1st round updates but probably could slide this to the Football forum haha

Shama chimes in:

Gophers Rashod Bateman and Benjamin St-Juste could go in the first and third rounds respectively. Wide receiver Bateman impresses with his route running, while St-Juste has the long arms not common for cornerbacks.

Go Gophers!!

Shama chimes in:

Gophers Rashod Bateman and Benjamin St-Juste could go in the first and third rounds respectively. Wide receiver Bateman impresses with his route running, while St-Juste has the long arms not common for cornerbacks.

Go Gophers!!
Are we sure Shama wrote this? Seems a little too spot on for him.

I really hope Rashod gets in there late 1st round this year. Seems almost 50/50ish. Or maybe 60/40 that he does? I'm being hopeful.

I really hope Rashod gets in there late 1st round this year. Seems almost 50/50ish. Or maybe 60/40 that he does? I'm being hopeful.
Seems like most of the projections coming out now have him in the later part of the first round. Not a guarantee of anything but overall it feels like he is strongly trending towards hearing his name called on day 1.

Seems like most of the projections coming out now have him in the later part of the first round. Not a guarantee of anything but overall it feels like he is strongly trending towards hearing his name called on day 1.
Hope so, getting more gophers to NFL and higher picks will only help recruiting

Plus, really like Bateman, just hope it's not GB

i think he will go sooner in the first round than most think.

i think he will go sooner in the first round than most think.
I don't know that he can jump much higher than somewhere in the 20's. He is unlikely to hop the 3 receivers projected in front of him and 4 WR in the top 20 would seem like a lot. But could certainly be wrong on that.

I don't know that he can jump much higher than somewhere in the 20's. He is unlikely to hop the 3 receivers projected in front of him and 4 WR in the top 20 would seem like a lot. But could certainly be wrong on that.
Yeah, it'll be difficult unless there are some major surprises. I've been reading most places it sounds like he is probably #5 now. I am not sure if that is a smoke screen.

Top Bottom