STrib: Facility rentals bring in revenues at TCF Bank Stadium

Not sure why this is important...it's just a very small drop in the bucket.

The question is: Does this make us a helmet stadium rental school?

So you're saying it is a dumb thread?

I found it interesting. Thanks Bleed.

I couldn't agree with you more. Parski must be planning on making a really big donation since he believes a half a million is "just a very small drop in the bucket." As Evert Dirksen once said “A half of million here, a half a million there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.” (Parski – Yes I know that isn’t the exact quote.)

This stadium is going to be an awesome asset WHEN the Gopher Football renaissance occurs.

I am old enough to realize that if I should ever get married again (perish the thought) I would invite everyone in the world to join me for this unheard of activity held at TCF. Just think, I would need Williams Arena for the overflow crowd that would attend, and Mabel Murphy's in Fergus Falls for the out state crowd to witness it via closed circuit TV. I might even get a gift or two.

Goldie Gopher would be my best man, and the Gopher Cheerleaders would be my bride's attendents, and also would be my Groomsmen.

I think it is pretty cool. You look at our venue for that type of experience then you look at Camp Dumpville in Madison. Truly a glorified landfill.

I am old enough to realize that if I should ever get married again (perish the thought) I would invite everyone in the world to join me for this unheard of activity held at TCF. Just think, I would need Williams Arena for the overflow crowd that would attend, and Mabel Murphy's in Fergus Falls for the out state crowd to witness it via closed circuit TV. I might even get a gift or two.

Goldie Gopher would be my best man, and the Gopher Cheerleaders would be my bride's attendents, and also would be my Groomsmen.

I think you are overestimating the potential crowd.

How much did the U2 concert bring in? I know there aren't many bands that play stadiums anymore, but is it worth it to try and get someone here on a yearly basis?

How much did the U2 concert bring in? I know there aren't many bands that play stadiums anymore, but is it worth it to try and get someone here on a yearly basis?

I do not know numbers for U2, but the other night at TF Kenny Chesney drew 44,000.

I do not know numbers for U2, but the other night at TF Kenny Chesney drew 44,000.

I think he was asking about revenue.

But I'm sure as hell glad I don't live in Minneapolis anymore. I can't imagine a worse hell than dealing with 44,000 Kenny Chesney fans.

But I'm sure as hell glad I don't live in Minneapolis anymore. I can't imagine a worse hell than dealing with 44,000 Kenny Chesney fans.

From what I understand, and I do not know dollars from sense, Chesney tickets had some priced at $300, so there must be a few Chesney fans around.

This stadium is going to be an awesome asset WHEN the Gopher Football renaissance occurs.

Shouldn't the stadium have been an asset well before a Gopher Football renaissance that may or may not occur?

Shouldn't the stadium have been an asset well before a Gopher Football renaissance that may or may not occur?

I believe it is an asset today, hence the addition of the word awesome in my post.

Really? Chesney crowds are not typically rowdy. I know you probably think they are all rednecks and hicks who chew and fight the whole time, but country is not like that any more. I was there. Everyone was dancing and having a ton of fun. Didnt see one altercation. Also, living in Minneapolis doesn't mean anything. Unless you live in a bar within 3 blocks of the stadium. In which case, you would deal with large crowds from Twins fans 82 times a year.

Really? Chesney crowds are not typically rowdy. I know you probably think they are all rednecks and hicks who chew and fight the whole time, but country is not like that any more. I was there. Everyone was dancing and having a ton of fun. Didnt see one altercation. Also, living in Minneapolis doesn't mean anything. Unless you live in a bar within 3 blocks of the stadium. In which case, you would deal with large crowds from Twins fans 82 times a year.

Everyone I know that went to the show was drunk out of their minds.

New Brickhouse >> Target Field for a concert, especially when the light rail opens.

Top Bottom