Strib Chip Scoggins: Minnesota QB search twice as tricky, given coach P.J. Fleck’s philosophy

Hmmm..... Not totally in agreement. Still had Morgan back after 2019 and he and the passing game regressed. The issue at that point was their receivers graduated and they went back to Tresselball. There is more to it than just getting a QB, but you also won't get another decent one unless you figure out a way to open things up. Right now, there are not 2 NFL caliber receivers on your roster.

Not that. More the "We will attract a QB and then not trust his abilities, settling for Tresselball again". There come's a point where we will have very limited ability to recruit QBs because they arent trusted to handle the offense.
Disagree. There will never be a point where Minnesota can’t convince a QB recruit to sign

If you’re talking about nfl caliber QBs not wanting to sign, we have already been at that point for decades

That article aged like milk left on the countertop

not necessarily. Scoggins said that MN could have a hard time attracting a top-level QB because of MN's conservative offense and lack of NIL.

So, the fact that Brosmer committed to MN raises the question - did he agreed to come to MN despite the conservative offense and lack of NIL - OR did Fleck promise Brosmer that MN will open up the offense - OR did some NIL $$$ fall out of a tree somewhere.

we don't know. all I know is that if I was a QB looking for a place to go, MN would not be high on my list unless MN somehow came up with a big NIL offer - or the head coach promised that I would be able to throw the ball.

not necessarily. Scoggins said that MN could have a hard time attracting a top-level QB because of MN's conservative offense and lack of NIL.

So, the fact that Brosmer committed to MN raises the question - did he agreed to come to MN despite the conservative offense and lack of NIL - OR did Fleck promise Brosmer that MN will open up the offense - OR did some NIL $$$ fall out of a tree somewhere.

we don't know. all I know is that if I was a QB looking for a place to go, MN would not be high on my list unless MN somehow came up with a big NIL offer - or the head coach promised that I would be able to throw the ball.
But that’s still a stupid article because Minnesota had a hard time attracting top recruit QBs before NiL too

Nothing against Fleck, but if I were advising a QB considering a transfer, I would suggest not taking a coach who promises to throw more at face value. Its probably a good idea not to take anything that a coach says in the recruiting process as gospel.

Top Bottom