STrib: Can Jordan Murphy get back to his double-double ways at Penn State?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

MURPHY’S MORTAL – The Gophers need Jordan Murphy to turn superhuman again in a big way after his back-to-back games without a double-double for the first time since last year. Murphy’s double-double streak of 17 straight games to start the season almost seems like a distant memory after he struggled in blowout losses to Northwestern (eight points and two rebounds) and Purdue (10 points and four rebounds). The 6-foot-7 junior forward is averaging 13.5 points on 37.5 percent shooting from the field in six Big Ten games. His shooting is disturbingly low considering he takes most of his shots inside the arc (only 2-for-7 from three-point range). Murphy’s effective field goal percentage (39.1) is 44th among Big Ten players this year, near the bottom for starting posts in the league. He’s still averaging 17.9 points and 11.7 rebounds overall, while shooting 73.6 percent from the foul line. Opposing teams are making his life even more difficult without suspended center Reggie Lynch to worry about in the paint. But Murphy can help himself by getting free throws more often. In the last two games, Murphy is only 5-for-7 at the charity stripe combined. He was 12-for-17 in the previous two games against Indiana and Illinois combined. He also shot 12-for-14 at the line in the Rutgers win on Dec. 3. Murphy needs to somehow unleash his inner beast again and do what he does best – crash the offensive boards to get buckets. He only has two, TWO offensive rebounds combined in losses to Northwestern and Purdue. But Murphy still leads the nation in total offensive rebounds (86).

http://www.startribune.com/can-jord...s-double-double-ways-at-penn-state/469406883/

Go Gophers!!

I thought he had 20 rebounds. 20/20 games are rare but I guess I’m mistaken

Top Bottom