STrib: Banham leaves Lynx for Sun

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

The Lynx lost veteran guard Rachel Banham in free agency when she returned to the team that drafted her, the Connecticut Sun.

The former Gophers All-America was the fourth overall pick in the 2016 draft by the Sun and played four years in Connecticut before she was traded to the Lynx in 2020. She signed with the Sun on Thursday.

I could never understand why she didn’t play more for the Lynx. I thought she was better then the starter and the few times she did play more she did a lot of scoring.

Now I have no reason to watch the lynx:(, not a pro sports fan unless there are gophers on the teams so I only have the wild to cheer for now...

I hope she is able to stay on the coaching staff, seems like it would be hard to from Connecticut but maybe they have a plan for that.

Now I have no reason to watch the lynx:(, not a pro sports fan unless there are gophers on the teams so I only have the wild to cheer for now...

I hope she is able to stay on the coaching staff, seems like it would be hard to from Connecticut but maybe they have a plan for that.
The college and WNBA seasons don't have a lot of overlap. And, several WNBA players are involved in college programs. For example, Natisha Hiedeman who is now joining the Lynx is a Penn State women's basketball assistant. I guess we will see how it plays out for Rachel and her Gopher role.

Top Bottom