Streveler goes 5-6 for 74 yds and a TD

WOW! 5 of 6... in a NFL preseason game!

Hey, dipshit, here's a preseason stat line/blast from the past, just for you, that you may have overlooked:

Former University of Minnesota QB Mitch Leidner was working for Bite Squad — a local service that delivers restaurant food to homes and businesses in the Twin Cities — when the Vikings called him last week. He entered in the third quarter to a nice ovation and went 14 for 19 for 129 yards.

“It’s something you dream about as a kid growing up in Minnesota,” Leidner said. “Actually I don’t even know if you dream about this because it seems so far away. For it to actually happen, it’s pretty cool.”

Okay, that's settled. Now you can crawl back under your bridge, troll boy.

He got better when he left. That might be on him. That might be on the staff.
I just brought this up, but the man threw for 7 yards against SJSU. 7. And it was pretty clear to everyone in the stadium that wasn't hiding from lightning in the concourse that the staff was right not to trust him throwing the ball.

He got better when he left. That might be on him. That might be on the staff.
I just brought this up, but the man threw for 7 yards against SJSU. 7. And it was pretty clear to everyone in the stadium that wasn't hiding from lightning in the concourse that the staff was right not to trust him throwing the ball.

I don't think it's fair to use that San Jose State game as an indicator of his limitations. The Gophers racked up 380 rushing yards in that game and held San Jose State to 254 yards total. The coaches decided that running was enough. Streveler had 161 yards on 18 carries himself.

Leidner started a similar game against San Jose State the season before where he had only 12 pass attempts but the Gophers had 353 yards rushing.

MN has had a better than average BIG QB for a few years so I do not see what the fuss is about.

I only posted the congrats to Streveler having some on going success in the NFL but we never used him as a QB. A certain poster should change the login name to RememberLeidner.

Against all the Chief players that will not be on the regular season roster. Even more talent sparse than a CFL roster.

put the right athlete in the right system, and he can have a lot of success. put the right athlete in the wrong system, and everyone gets frustrated.

for better or worse, the Kill/Claeys era coaching staff had a system and they stuck to it, even if it wasn't always the most QB-friendly. they clearly had a vision of what they wanted from the QB, and they tried to shoehorn some players into that system, whether it fit them or not.

But, to some extent, the vast majority of coaches do something similar. They have a system, and that is what they are going to coach. And if the players they recruited turn out to be a less-than-perfect fit for the system, most coaches try to shove a round peg in a square hole, rather than adjusting or adapting their system to fit the talents of the athletes on their roster.

In my perfect world, the coach would evaluate the players on the roster, and come up with a system that maximizes the strengths of those players and minimizes the weaknesses. But I guess I'm just a dreamer that way.

Jerry was a QB away from being an top tier college football coach at the highest level. Crazy how karma can humble a man.

I'm as big a Streveler the Leveler fan as anyone, and a Cardinals season ticket holder to boot, but with Colt McCoy backing up Kyler Murray this year, and a few changes on offense, I don't see Streveler making the Cards opening day roster. He might, because he does play some special teams, but we'll see.

I'm as big a Streveler the Leveler fan as anyone, and a Cardinals season ticket holder to boot, but with Colt McCoy backing up Kyler Murray this year, and a few changes on offense, I don't see Streveler making the Cards opening day roster. He might, because he does play some special teams, but we'll see.
Vikes could REALLY use a backup.

Jerry was a QB away from being an top tier college football coach at the highest level. Crazy how karma can humble a man.
I dunno, Jerry's OLs weren't great at pass protection generally.

I think offensively they were always a bit stifled and Jerry was never going to make the moves needed to even address that (OC.....).

Kill could have had the clone of Johnny Unitas playing QB and it wouldn't have mattered because the QB would still would have been running the Pop Warner passing schemes he and Limegrover came up with.

Kill could have had the clone of Johnny Unitas playing QB and it wouldn't have mattered because the QB would still would have been running the Pop Warner passing schemes he and Limegrover came up with.
Wait, when Kill came in here with his no Ill team he smoked us with more plays than a pop Warner team. He had the plays but didn’t have the player.

WOW! 5 of 6... in a NFL preseason game!

Hey, dipshit, here's a preseason stat line/blast from the past, just for you, that you may have overlooked:

Former University of Minnesota QB Mitch Leidner was working for Bite Squad — a local service that delivers restaurant food to homes and businesses in the Twin Cities — when the Vikings called him last week. He entered in the third quarter to a nice ovation and went 14 for 19 for 129 yards.

“It’s something you dream about as a kid growing up in Minnesota,” Leidner said. “Actually I don’t even know if you dream about this because it seems so far away. For it to actually happen, it’s pretty cool.”

Okay, that's settled. Now you can crawl back under your bridge, troll boy.
I know. I've never been off the island!

Wait, when Kill came in here with his no Ill team he smoked us with more plays than a pop Warner team. He had the plays but didn’t have the player.
I was talking passing scheme. Northern Illinois threw for a grand total of 81 yards the night they beat the Gophers 34-23 in that fateful game.

Dayum, back up the brinks truck for Trey Lance. Next big NFL QB in the making. Not many have an arm like that.

I was talking passing scheme. Northern Illinois threw for a grand total of 81 yards the night they beat the Gophers 34-23 in that fateful game.
Well, those stats are the game plan Jerry brought to us.

Dayum, back up the brinks truck for Trey Lance. Next big NFL QB in the making. Not many have an arm like that.
*watching SF preseason game* . . . "oh man I need to head over to that Gopher forum to let those guys know that NDSU's former quarterback is good -- that will show them!"

put the right athlete in the right system, and he can have a lot of success. put the right athlete in the wrong system, and everyone gets frustrated.

for better or worse, the Kill/Claeys era coaching staff had a system and they stuck to it, even if it wasn't always the most QB-friendly. they clearly had a vision of what they wanted from the QB, and they tried to shoehorn some players into that system, whether it fit them or not.

But, to some extent, the vast majority of coaches do something similar. They have a system, and that is what they are going to coach. And if the players they recruited turn out to be a less-than-perfect fit for the system, most coaches try to shove a round peg in a square hole, rather than adjusting or adapting their system to fit the talents of the athletes on their roster.

In my perfect world, the coach would evaluate the players on the roster, and come up with a system that maximizes the strengths of those players and minimizes the weaknesses. But I guess I'm just a dreamer that way.
Which makes absolutely no sense why Streveler didn't get any run. He is the prototypical Kill QB in the vein of Lynch, Leidner, Green, etc.

Signed with the Dolphins today. Making a living between NFL and CFL contracts.

Top Bottom