Stoudermire suspended

Clearly you meant Brewster had 4 kids involved in a sexual assault. Mason was gone by then and can't be blamed for behavior tolerated by the new regime.

Sure he can. Mason tolerated their behavior and Brewster kicked them off the team without waiting for the trial. If nothing else, Brew deserves the undying gratitude of all Gopher fans for his decisive action against those Piece of Sh*ts from Ohio and Missouri that Mason recruited. GopherHole was loaded with posters (and still is) who went way out of their way to excuse their behavior and wanted them back on the team.

I'm sure brewster ticked the kid off he was one of our best ....the idiot brew is the one that needs to be suspended

I need to write a note reminding myself to steer clear of Darwin if I think I might get sick.

Add Stoudamire to the growing list of Brewster recruits that he and his staff have either failed to utilize or even get on the feild. Just to name a few Reeves, Gray, Green, and Hageman from our current roster. Either Brewster is over selling his recruits talent or he and his staff can't coach them up enough to get them playing time. My guess is both.

Wow...talk about being naive about college football.

Gray is a sophomore who is a STARTER and one of the top 3 WRs in the Big 10 statistically (also saw some action as a true freshman).

Hageman is a redshirt FR who is playing. That is not the common occurence in college football.

Reeves is a SO who plays significant minutes

Green has been nicked up but he is a guy who has played an enormous amount of minutes but simply got beat out by Gray and McKnight. Which one of those players do you think Green has outplayed?

I don't see how you can take a couple FR and SO who play a ton and argue they aren't being utilized.

The real issue here is that TS was a Brewster recruit that he hyped up big time. I remember reading a Strib article that he was supposed to be the next Percy Harvin. Brewster, as HC, is ultimately responsible for his players behavior both on and off the field. Off the field distractions have been increasing under his watch period.

If TS was a problem, or self centered, as one poster mentioned than why wasn't he dealt with sooner? Why was he allowed to play even though he can't catch as any gopher fan can tell you? There has to be another option on the team. Someone who may not be as fast but can at least catch the ball. Brewster created this situation by not dealing with it sooner. Letting it get to the point where a player quits midseason is unacceptable. Bottom line, Brewster has no control over the team, or any idea how to control them. He fails to correct problems with players blowing their assignments, not blocking, or not making the right read. Brewster, and many of you, has claimed over and over that our talent level is so much better than years before, well why has there been no change at QB or on the OL?

If the report is true that Brewster and the coaches finally had enough of TS, then it is too little too late. It is nothing but desperate attempt to try to gain control of a team and program that has been moving backwards under his watch.

For those of you defending TS as talented and an asset to the program, how many games has he won for us? What big plays has he made? His attempt to break the Big Ten KR yardage record is only because the defense can't stop anyone.

I hope TS's departure does not create a chain reaction.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but didn't Stoudemire have a blow up with a coach on the sideline last year? Or am I remembering the wrong player?

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but didn't Stoudemire have a blow up with a coach on the sideline last year? Or am I remembering the wrong player?

Yes, with Butler, the special teams coach, during the Ohio State game.

Yes, with Butler, the special teams coach, during the Ohio State game.

I couldn't believe he didn't get benched or suspended for that incident. Think of what he must have done/said this time around.

I'm thinking like he picked a fight in the locker room or something.

And he was jawing back on Saturday after he got called for interference on the punt return. I thought the assistant coach was going after him pretty hard, but Troy seemed to be quite animiated in his own defense.

Sure he can. Mason tolerated their behavior and Brewster kicked them off the team without waiting for the trial. If nothing else, Brew deserves the undying gratitude of all Gopher fans for his decisive action against those Piece of Sh*ts from Ohio and Missouri that Mason recruited. GopherHole was loaded with posters (and still is) who went way out of their way to excuse their behavior and wanted them back on the team.

How the heck do you know what Mason tolerated? It makes just as much sense to think Brew came to town adn the players realized they could do whatever they want, and did.

I will completely agree however that the right decisions was made to boot them immediately. Football and scholarships are a privilige and they aren't for kids who can't make better decisions than these...

I'm waiting for them to disclose the reason he was suspended, then I can feel better about where I stand on this team.

I still get a visual image of the U being a McDonald's soft drink cup that has been sitting around too long and the bottom is getting ready to drop out of it.

CRG, before some ass jumps all over you, the sexual assault happened a few months into Brewster's tenure. However, the McField McMess was all Mason.

Oh, it was Brewster who recruited those guys? My bad.

Clearly you meant Brewster had 4 kids involved in a sexual assault. Mason was gone by then and can't be blamed for behavior tolerated by the new regime.

Yes, clearly all on Brew. McField too. Reason be damned, get a rope boys!!

Ted's right any drama sucks at this point but I digress.....with TS gone, who will step up & get a personal foul penalty for us every week?

I'm sure brewster ticked the kid off he was one of our best ....the idiot brew is the one that needs to be suspended

I think your posting privileges might be the thing that needs to be suspended... Negative posts like that do nothing to inform or educate others, they just degrade the culture of what could be a very informative board.
In other news, I heard tonight that the reason he was suspended was for a THIRD verified use of marijuana, I am unsure whether the U tests for these things or he simply was ratted out three times but that's what I have heard. I am relatively sure of this but I could turn out to be wrong as my source is credible but not infallible (read coaches the wrong sport at the U) but I'm sure my credibility would be attacked due to my low post count anyways in 3... 2...

Rasho.. if you are correct, then this could get interesting..

I think your posting privileges might be the thing that needs to be suspended... Negative posts like that do nothing to inform or educate others, they just degrade the culture of what could be a very informative board.
In other news, I heard tonight that the reason he was suspended was for a THIRD verified use of marijuana, I am unsure whether the U tests for these things or he simply was ratted out three times but that's what I have heard. I am relatively sure of this but I could turn out to be wrong as my source is credible but not infallible (read coaches the wrong sport at the U) but I'm sure my credibility would be attacked due to my low post count anyways in 3... 2...

the players get tested

Your info was delivered correctly. No need to worry about your credibility.

Well that explains why he thinks he'd be starting at another BCS school..

I heard Mangino stole his brownies, and that is how he got caught.

Holy crap, I can't imagine the munchies Mangino has now!!

How the heck do you know what Mason tolerated? It makes just as much sense to think Brew came to town adn the players realized they could do whatever they want, and did.

I will completely agree however that the right decisions was made to boot them immediately. Football and scholarships are a privilige and they aren't for kids who can't make better decisions than these...

Geez Gordy. Nice to see you posting again.

Needless to say, Mason and his staff didn't bother to check on Robert McField's background when they recruited him. Never know when you going to need someone indicted for armed robbery on the team.

Trying to lay the sexual assault at Brewster's doorstep is pretty much ridiculous. I realize you don't like Brewster and there are myriad legitimate reasons for you to make a case against him. This, however, is not one of them.

Top Bottom