Stoudermire = Bart Scott

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Looks like Stoudermire is the guy that is going to reap huge benefit from coaching change and a fresh start. Bart Scott was suspended at SIU by the coach prior to Kill and Kill made him a captain. Stoudermire really seems to be doing well with the new coaches. Link to Stib/Miller.

I love the fact that these coaches don't talk much. It seems they are willing to let the on field results do the talking. However when they do speak you get a no B S answer. No crap, no hard sell, just c'mon in and watch our team learn to play football.

Love to see Troy doing well. He was absolutely the MVP of our two game win streak to end the season last year, in my opinion. I think he's going to have a huge year. I'm happy he has his issues sorted out.

One thing I noticed in the story though. Miller says he quit after being moved to defense. I thought he quit, and then was moved to defense upon returning.

He quit when he moved to D last year.

I agree with you Johnny, he was absolutely our MVP in the last two games. He is a very good athlete and he really has a chance at playing on sundays if he can continue to improve on defense and keeps flashing his ability in the return game. NFL teams love guys who can help "expand the roster".

He really manned up and I guess legitimately apologized to each of his teammates. He came across like kind of a bonehead during that fiasco, but I can't say that we all haven't had bone headed moments at 20, when things weren't going well (losing) and you just found out that there is going to be some drastic change (moving positions).

On a side note, I love how Kill is not really naming starters. I expect for us to see a lot more players get PT this season. I think we will see heavy rotations along the defensive line and this should really help. We aren't dominant (by any means) but if we can keep players in positions where they are being utilized to the best of their abilities (mix matching players per the situation by their skillset), I really think this will minimize some of our deficiencies. I'd love to see a fresher Kirksey and Wilhite rush the passer on 3rd and long.

I fully expect TS to get all kick returns (Which somehow didn't happen last year). I expect him to play full time on defense (which appears to be his best position). I expect him to get 15-25 touches on offense next year on "wrinkles" that will use him more effectively in limited offensive time than brewster's staff used him as a full time offensive starter.

I expect him to continue being our return guy and being a starting CB.. But as far as an offensive 'wrinkle' player, I don't think so. Not saying he won't be one, but I will be very surprised if he's out there for 'O'.

I fully expect TS to get all kick returns (Which somehow didn't happen last year). I expect him to play full time on defense (which appears to be his best position). I expect him to get 15-25 touches on offense next year on "wrinkles" that will use him more effectively in limited offensive time than brewster's staff used him as a full time offensive starter.

That's some exceptional conditioning there. Not saying it couldn't be done - but I highly doubt it.

If Troy turns out to be the best CB on the team, I seriously doubt he will play much special teams let alone offense. If it's deemed there is not much of a drop off with the guys behind him (assuming he starts) then I can see him playing special teams....still don't see him playing offense.

He wouldn't be playing offense. 15-25 plays accounts for 1-2 plays per game.

I'll not soon forget TS blowing up Iowa's fat running back to cause the fumble. Ball skills

We need more consistency out of Troy this Fall. No question that he has big play capability with above average coverage skills. With a few games under his belt and good coaching Troy could shine this Fall.

The caused fumble on the Iowa RB was huge and gave us a chance to win. But some forget that it was Troy's poor angle and missed tackle that allowed the slant in to McNutt to put Iowa ahead at the end of the 3rd quarter. I thought we were done at that point. But the players rallied, the OL took over, the D showed up and Weber and receivers made some big plays and walla; we got the pig!!!!!!

If Troy turns out to be the best CB on the team, I seriously doubt he will play much special teams let alone offense. If it's deemed there is not much of a drop off with the guys behind him (assuming he starts) then I can see him playing special teams....still don't see him playing offense.

Isn't Troy second all-time in the Big Ten in return yards, just behind that one guy from Wisconsin who I think will be graduating before the 2011 season? He is a good kick returner, I hope he's playing special teams, and I'd love to actually see him take one all the way back this season, didn't he get one for 80 or 90 yards this past season?

He came across like kind of a bonehead during that fiasco, but I can't say that we all haven't had bone headed moments at 20, when things weren't going well (losing) and you just found out that there is going to be some drastic change (moving positions).

The king of the bone headed moment is the OOGer. 48, bald, hard nosed, and still makes bone headed calls. 20 year olds have nothing on the OOGer, my dear old brother.

Kill said something about having a "package" for him when Sid asked.

Isn't Troy second all-time in the Big Ten in return yards, just behind that one guy from Wisconsin who I think will be graduating before the 2011 season? He is a good kick returner, I hope he's playing special teams, and I'd love to actually see him take one all the way back this season, didn't he get one for 80 or 90 yards this past season?

Yeah, the 90 yarder he dropped on Illinois when it looked like we'd never see a win again that year. That was the play of the year IMO, completely altered the ending to last season. He doesn't make that play to get us back in it, I don't see a win at Illinois, and then Iowa.

Top Bottom