STirb: Richard Pitino not blaming Nate Mason; says as HC he has to fight for his guys

ALL HAIL RICHARD!! He gets it. He knows his players. He knows how to diffuse the situation and move on. He learned a ton when he was struggling early on in his tenure here and it shows now.

Even his quote today when asked about coaching 3 on 5 "We never really work on it in practice but we'll have to now" (or something along these lines) shows that he knows to handle media. His players seem to like him. He can recruit. The rest takes care of itself.

Mason staring down Sexton is awesome. This team has swagger. They walk into the gym KNOWING they can beat anyone. They aren't afraid of anyone and I'll take that over what we've seen in years past where everyone win was scrappy. Beat teams. Blow them out. Don't be ashamed of physically dominating.

My only complaint is that Richard didn't pour it on vs Alabama. He should have let Gas cherry pick and score 30 when it was 5-3. After every stop or rebound, the ball gets thrown to him for a dunk. I wish he has full court pressed the entire time they had a man advantage.

Yeah, shoulda let Diedhiou and Rudrud be men 4 and 5. Go hard on both sides of court and let those two take the majority of shots.

Just watched again. First moment of 5 on 3, Alabama is taking the ball up the court. The Gophers start to press and Richard waves them off.

Top Bottom