Still no line on Gophers-Green Bay game

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Would imagine we'll start seeing point spreads sometime tonight.

My guess is Gophers -12.5.

I cant find much about the GB team. Anybody know anything about them? Strengths? Weaknesses?

I cant find much about the GB team. Anybody know anything about them? Strengths? Weaknesses?

I checked around the fan boards of some of the teams on the UWGB schedule and found this linked on a Wisconsin board:

COACH’S CORNER
Will Ryan, the son of former Badgers coach Bo Ryan, was hired in June to replace Linc Darner. Ryan coached last season at NCAA Division II Wheeling University in West Virginia. Wheeling went 14-13, but it finished in a tie for fifth place in the Mountain East Conference after being picked to finish last. Darner went 92-80 in five seasons, including 17-16 overall and 11-7 in Horizon League play in 2019-20.
BIG MAN ON CAMPUS
Sophomore guard Amari Davis (above) was named the Horizon League Freshman of the Year last season after averaging 15.9 points per game. Davis, who scored 28 points on two occasions, shot 51.4 percent. He finished with 524 points, breaking Tony Bennett’s single-season program record for a freshman.
SCOUTING REPORT
The Phoenix have to replace JayQuan McCloud, who led the team in scoring (17.1), rebounding (5.1) and assists (4.5). … Senior guard PJ Pipes has appeared in 102 games, including 59 starts, heading into his final season. … Green Bay’s freshman class includes former Sun Prairie standout Colin Schaefer and Terrance Thompson of La Crosse Central.

Gophers giving 18 against UWGB? Are they particularly awful this year? Sounds like a good time to back up the truck on the bad guys, and consider a big score on the moneyline.

I'm far from sold on this team, especially early in the year.

Gophers giving 18 against UWGB? Are they particularly awful this year? Sounds like a good time to back up the truck on the bad guys, and consider a big score on the moneyline.

I'm far from sold on this team, especially early in the year.
I’d be disappointed if we didn’t win by at least 25-30. I expect to wipe the floor with this team. This is a good team we have here.

I’d be disappointed if we didn’t win by at least 25-30. I expect to wipe the floor with this team. This is a good team we have here.
Against a Ryan coached team? We might not score 45!

Green Bay only returns one starter and I believe is pocked to finish in the bottom half of the horizon league. We beat them by about 32 or 33 a few years ago in an exhibition game. I expect the same level of domination.

Top Bottom