Stephon Sharp expectations

Reaction score
First off, I'm giving Sharp an A+ for his performance down in the orange crush zone on Sunday night with all the controversy that led up to tip off. I loved how he kept his composure all night and he tried to mix up a drive-to-the-bucket style with the perimeter shooting. And, he did it against a better lineup of gaurds (Nunn, Hill, Coleman-Lands and the white headband guy) than he'll see the next two games. Hats off to Sharp for his coming out party.
That being said, was 19 points with 4/6 3-pt shooting his absolute ceiling? Those low trajectory bullets clanked more iron and yet still went in than I've ever seen! I was belly laughing. I believe he will improve on his 1/7 assist/turnover ratio, but by how much is going to be key. Good luck to the young floor general these next two weeks!

Given the circumstances, he did an outstanding job. I would agree with you that he'll probably improve his assist/TO ratio, and his point production will come down. I hope he continues to take advantage of these last 3+ games of the season. With offseason roster volatility as it seems to be in college basketball now, he could have a chance to get more PT next season.

Go Gophers!!

I have to agree that he did a great job, considering the circumstances and the fact that he has never even practiced at the 1. Limiting turnovers is the key to tonights game for sure.

I expect him to try as hard as he can and let the chips fall where they fall

If it mean less scoring I would be very happy at less then 3 turnovers.

I might be wrong but it seems like most of his turnovers occured in the 2nd half, could it be that he was tired?

I expect him to reinvent the point guard position, for better or worse.

I expect him not to post sex videos or pictures to Twitter. I think he will meet my expectations but then again, others haven't.

If it mean less scoring I would be very happy at less then 3 turnovers.

I might be wrong but it seems like most of his turnovers occured in the 2nd half, could it be that he was tired?

Could be fatigue, but the Illini also turned up their defensive pressure. I would expect opposing coaches in the last few games to recognize that Sharp can hit the three if left open but may struggle handling the ball under pressure. He won't be a secret anymore. He can expect more pressure.

He'll be the best PG in the Big 10 or the worst walkon PG in the Big 10. No in between :D

Does anyone know where he had offers from out of HS? I thought I saw one of the reporters (Fuller maybe) saying he had mid-major offers and opted the U instead.

He'll be the best PG in the Big 10 or the worst walkon PG in the Big 10. No in between :D

Does anyone know where he had offers from out of HS? I thought I saw one of the reporters (Fuller maybe) saying he had mid-major offers and opted the U instead.
He did a year in prep school after Hopkins, coming out he had a Hampton offer, lots of interest from Hofstra, and WO interest from Wisconsin.

I grew up with him, and though I didn't know him too well, he seems like a great kid, definitely no sex videos haha. In middle school to entering HS he was supposed to be one of the best players in the state. He never got an ego, and as it became clear he was good, but definitely not one of the best players in the state, he never got down and became a smart, resourceful player. I expect him to do well, nothing spectacular, but I don't think anyone should worry if he sees the court.

Top Bottom