State Fair Parking Lot Question

DillonPGP

Reaction score
We are planning on making the trip up Saturday for the game and parking at the State Fair lot, but one question I was hoping someone might be able to help answer.

How strict is the opening time at this lot? Is the lot locked shut and not opened until the 6 hours before, or is the lot basically open in the morning and as long as one is not doing something incredible stupid you should be OK in setting up a little early?

The only reason we ask is that we were hoping to tune in some of the 11am football games and watch them at our leisure. While I can do it with my smart phone in my car, it would be nicer to enjoy what looks to be decent weather with a beverage and some food.

Thanks, in advance, for any answers any and all are able to provide. Looking forward to the game and the weekend in Minnesota.

I have never tried to be there more than 6 hours before, but they have people set up at the entrance collecting money to get in. I would imagine that they don't show up until close to the 6 hours ahead of time and it is probably chained off until they open it?? I doubt they have people there to collect parking fees earlier than they are scheduled to open. That is just a guess though.

I think you're kind of counting on a bunch of people to show up early for work, which I wouldn't put in the "Outlook Good" category.

We are planning on making the trip up Saturday for the game and parking at the State Fair lot, but one question I was hoping someone might be able to help answer.

How strict is the opening time at this lot? Is the lot locked shut and not opened until the 6 hours before, or is the lot basically open in the morning and as long as one is not doing something incredible stupid you should be OK in setting up a little early?

The only reason we ask is that we were hoping to tune in some of the 11am football games and watch them at our leisure. While I can do it with my smart phone in my car, it would be nicer to enjoy what looks to be decent weather with a beverage and some food.

Thanks, in advance, for any answers any and all are able to provide. Looking forward to the game and the weekend in Minnesota.

We arrived 15 minutes prior to the official opening of the lot prior to the Ohio game and were able to get in. Not sure how much earlier we would have been allow in.

Top Bottom