Starting Lineup in question to start season

I would expect to see several different starting lineups during the non-conference schedule.

and in many cases it's not who starts, it's who finishes the game that is more important.
I do not disagree but starting in a game is everything to a player. Just short of wearing the C in importance.

Listening to CBJ last season talking about how the young guys aren't typical freshmen because they've been through so much, then his latest interview he says, "well we have to remember they're still sophomores" has brought down my optimism.

"But you got to understand that it's all new. It's going to be a process, especially until January … With this group, we've got to be patient and we got to keep coaching them."

More patience is needed. Ok, Ben.
Year 3 and pleading for “patience” is an interesting way to go. Didn’t have that on my bingo card.

I like Ben, but it’s time to start seeing results instead of hearing not so subtle implied excuses. And that starts with Mizzou, San Francisco, and the two December Big Ten games.

Year 3 and pleading for “patience” is an interesting way to go. Didn’t have that on my bingo card.

I like Ben, but it’s time to start seeing results instead of hearing not so subtle implied excuses. And that starts with Mizzou, San Francisco, and the two December Big Ten games.
Ben learned early on not to guarantee success

CBJ might have the largest book of excuses known to man. New one every single day, never his fault.
Read the sports section!
Who was the last coach to say publicly; "We are going to kick everyone's ass!"

It's all coach speak. Nearly every coach in the country downplays their team before the beginning of the season. There is little to be gained by inflating expectations. Coaches often use negative comments to the media to motivate their teams or individual players.

“No, we’re not ready,” X said. “No, no, no, we’re not ready. I thought tonight we looked like we were playing in slow motion,” X said.

These comments weren't from a Ben Johnson press conference last season but from Bill Self after last night's Kansas Jayhawks game.

Everyone needs to lighten up for at least a few more hours until the team takes the floor. You'll have plenty of opportunities to spew later tonight and throughout the season.

"But you got to understand that it's all new. It's going to be a process, especially until January … With this group, we've got to be patient and we got to keep coaching them."

More patience is needed. Ok, Ben.
Wasn’t he referring to himself? I.e. the “we” was the coaching staff? More specifically, I think that means which phase of a process one is in with a player.

I got that He wasn’t referring to us.

Billy Tubbs. He once said-“we are going to reload and re- kick ass”
😀
[/QUOTE
Did he get rehired after he became the kick-ee instead of the kick-ER.

It's all coach speak. Nearly every coach in the country downplays their team before the beginning of the season. There is little to be gained by inflating expectations. Coaches often use negative comments to the media to motivate their teams or individual players.

“No, we’re not ready,” X said. “No, no, no, we’re not ready. I thought tonight we looked like we were playing in slow motion,” X said.

These comments weren't from a Ben Johnson press conference last season but from Bill Self after last night's Kansas Jayhawks game.

Everyone needs to lighten up for at least a few more hours until the team takes the floor. You'll have plenty of opportunities to spew later tonight and throughout the season.
I personally think there is a lot of potential here and the coach needs to step up and say that to get his team and the fans excited. A full house in the Barn is worth 5 points.

Right now he is throwing a banquet and advertising porridge as the main course. That doesn’t fly.

Read the sports section!
Who was the last coach to say publicly; "We are going to kick everyone's ass!"
PJ Fleck all summer....okay different words but same message...his version of "We Comin'"
So there's two guys from the past college football pre-season.

I personally think there is a lot of potential here and the coach needs to step up and say that to get his team and the fans excited. A full house in the Barn is worth 5 points.

Right now he is throwing a banquet and advertising porridge as the main course. That doesn’t fly.

CBJ might have the largest book of excuses known to man. New one every single day, never his fault.
OK, you are head coach at Minnesota. You have the same roster that Ben Johnson had five minutes ago before you took over.

Please write out and post the statement that Head Coach Leib would make.

OK, you are head coach at Minnesota. You have the same roster that Ben Johnson had five minutes ago before you took over.

Lol. You act like Johnson isn't responsible for the roster HE has assembled.

You mean the roster cbj assembled? Disingenuous.

I'll play

"I have done a pretty awful job at roster construction and it is quite obvious I am overmatched for the job I have, so let's hope the administration still feels my characteristics are needed for our current environment and I get another year of salary."

Garcia and Payne seem to be the only givens for the starting lineup tonight. Agree?

The other 3 could be any number of combinations, but I'll guess Mitchell Jr., Carrington, and Ola-Joseph. "PG", if we're using labels, is the one I'm most interested to see who gets the first crack.

Wasn’t he referring to himself? I.e. the “we” was the coaching staff? More specifically, I think that means which phase of a process one is in with a player.

I got that He wasn’t referring to us.
Here’s the link. Listen in at about the 4:30 mark. Kind of gives it context.

Lol. You act like Johnson isn't responsible for the roster HE has assembled.
That’s an insane assumption on your part. How did I “act” like that. It’s his roster and his team. Now it’s Leibs. I asked what he would say at the press conference.

You can take a shot at answering too.

Top Bottom