Stanford FB Priorities

gophermartin

Reaction score
Interesting read about "priorities" at Stanford.

Standford Priorities

I agree with others here who have said we should ask Jim what it would take to come to Minnesota. He would certainly fill our new stadium.

I'm sure there are people in Minnesota that would read that article....replace the word Stanford with Minnesota ... and feel the same way.

I guess I would think the stadium and the loyal fan base (to still have a SOLID 40k+ season ticket base after all these years is amazing)....and hopefully resurgent Admin support ($2M+ per year available per Reusse) would interst Jim or any other high profile coach. And FAR outweigh the people who think like the article I linked above.

Go Gophers!

GM

I hate to be the first person to tell you, but 2M isn't the going rate for a high profile coach. It certainly won't be enough to get Jim Harbough (sp). The season ticket isn't that amazing based on the size of the university. The reason he states that the base is good 40+ is that it is terrible 40-. Don't know for sure, just my thoughts.

This is the first time I've heard of your interest in Harbaugh.

I image Bob Bowlsby will see to it that Harbaugh waltzes over to the U after Brewster is fired!

For as smart as Stanford students are supposed to be, he sure doesn't realize that football is the sport that pays for all the others. He is smart enough to figure out that you could not give him a raise, lose him, and save fencing. But he is not smart enough to figure out that if you do those 3 things, and then hire the wrong guy as the next football coach, the stadium is empty and fencing is cut 5 years later because of it anyways. Cutting fencing has nothing to do with the football budget, nor should it. If they were cutting fencing, they are cutting fencing whether or not they give him a raise.

Top Bottom