Stanford 2021 Schedule

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Stanford is the first team since 2011 to play and all Power 5 Schedule.
Kansas State, Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame in addition to PAC 12.

Stanford is the first team since 2011 to play and all Power 5 Schedule.
Kansas State, Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame in addition to PAC 12.
is vanderbilt really still power 5?

But in all seriousness, would love to see more power 5 overlap, but until they stop rewarding people for wins rather than SOS, it's going to continue to be an issue in the major conferences

Whole PAC-12 schedule, for any curious:

BYU is playing FIVE teams from the PAC-12. Arizona in Vegas, then Arizona St and Utah at home, then at Wash St and at USC later in the year.

I mean everyone in the Big Ten played only power 5 teams last year but I guess it is impressive to not line up any non power 5 cupcakes.

BYU is playing FIVE teams from the PAC-12. Arizona in Vegas, then Arizona St and Utah at home, then at Wash St and at USC later in the year.

Back in the day, I loved the PAC 12 (then the PAC 10).

Now, I don't follow them so much. I'm not sure if I should be impressed with BYU's ambitious schedule, or feel sorry for those PAC 12 schools because they're going to get destroyed by BYU.

I'm vaguely aware that BYU was pretty good last season, if last season means anything.

Now, I don't follow them so much. I'm not sure if I should be impressed with BYU's ambitious schedule, or feel sorry for those PAC 12 schools because they're going to get destroyed by BYU.

I'm vaguely aware that BYU was pretty good last season, if last season means anything.
BYU was 11-1 while playing 0 power 5 teams.
In the preceding 3 years they were
7-6 (2-2 power 5)
7-6 (2-3 power 5)
4-9 (0-3 power 5)

they’re a good program for a non power 5, but I think people overinflate them based on 1 year where they played nobody.

Here are the teams they beat
7th in the American
5th sun belt East
3rd CUSA west
2nd CUSA west
6th American
4th sun belt west
3rd CUSA East
2nd Mountain west (who played backup QB)
North Alabama (not even sure what conference they are in)
4th Mountain West
4th in the american

I can conclude they’d have been a contender in the mountain west and CUSA

they were a good team. Legit top 15.
I’m not ready to paint them perennial giant killer.

Last time they had a winning season against power 5 opponents was 2014

They had Zach Wilson at QB, so that helped. Would've been interesting if they played a "full" PAC schedule last year, like Notre Dame did with the ACC.

Here is their overall schedule for 2021: https://fbschedules.com/byu-cougars-announce-2021-football-schedule/

Also play at Baylor in the P5.

But how would they do gainst NDSU?

But how would they do gainst NDSU?
Oregon was supposed to open with them last fall, with Lance and their OL that will be drafted next month. Would've been a fun game to see what happened.

Whole PAC-12 schedule, for any curious:

Las Vegas is now the host of the PAC 12 Title Game as was expected. It is scheduled for Friday, December 3rd. Interesting, in that there are no PAC 12 Teams in the state of Nevada, but doesn't really matter as they have hosted the PAC 12 Basketball Tournament since 2013. The game never really gained traction in Santa Clara.

The Las Vegas Bowl also hosts a PAC 12 Team (with opponents alternating between the Big 10 & SEC). As it so happens, I will be in Vegas that weekend.

Yeah, Nevada has the same "problem" as Idaho in that regard. Las Vegas, and perhaps to a lesser extend Boise, are both big enough markets to be interesting to the PAC, I think.

But neither state's main research, flagship public university is located there. Reno is not terrible by any means, but is nowhere near what Vegas is. U of Idaho is in just a terrible location, and right next to Wazzou.

Boise St and UNLV are commuter schools. Their research and academic prestige will take a long time to build up.

Anyway ...

Top Bottom