Stadium Website Updated

FarmGopher

U Grad
Reaction score
I'm sorry if someone has posted this already, but stadium.gophersports.com has made some pretty interesting updates recently. The Multimedia section has new pictures and wallpapers (finally), and there is a new schedule/promotions section as well as a lot of new gameday information. Highlights include:

A FREE viewing party for students during the Syracuse game at TCF, including tours of the locker room, the game shown on the huge screen, and working out some new cheers. Sounds like a great event.

Sounds like the game against Wisconsin will feature a "Card Stunt" in the student section. I can't wait to see what it looks like. (Maybe a picture of the AXE chopping Bucky?)

Halloween Game against Mich St. will feature trick or treating at McNamara with a costume contest for children under 14 (winners will be introduced during the game), as well as the "Masonic Cancer Center and Breast Awareness Game "....sounds like fun (and educational).

Lots of other great stuff, check it out. Can't wait for the season to start. GO GOPHERS!

I love the Sept 5th student viewing thing. I have suggested a few times having an event like this to get the students psyched about the stadium, the team, learn the cheers, etc. This way they get to watch the game on the beautiful stadium, get in there all by themselves (feeling catered to by the U rather than just a side thought to the season ticket holders). I can imagine the announcer being there calling the things like he normally would (Another Golden Gopher... First Down, saying Rah after the Rouser is played, etc.) which will get the students all on the same page by the next Sat. The free giveaways will entice some. The only question is: how well have they advertised this? That has been a problem for the marketing dept. in the past.

All the other stuff posted there looks great and should really add to gameday at the U. I can't be more excited.

I love, love, love this, but, better yet I know it is not really feasible, but how great would it be if they charged 10 bucks or something for stuents and the public to get in the gates for all the road games. We could go down to the stadium and tailgate and watch the game on the big screen with thousands of other gopher fans instead of by ourselves in our basements. They U could make some extra cash with parking and tickets and food . . .I would be there for every road game! :clap: Just a crazy thought. I think it would build more interest in the team as well and unite and ignite the Gopher fan base even more.

Need to get the ski-u-mah (North Section, East Section, South Section) chant going with this group! How?

http://stadium.gophersports.com/gameday_sportsmanship.html

2009 Football
...In addition, students are working with the Spirit Squad and Marching Band to unify the student section, create new chants and cheers, and to promote good sportsmanship. They plan to bring back or adapt many of the traditions and cheers from the past Rooter Club and Memorial Stadium.

I still think it would be sick if they played "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins either soon after we score or after the 3rd quarter (a la Jump Around at Camp Randall). While the song was playing they could show the Gopher from Caddy Shack dancing on the jumbotron. It would quickly become a fan favorite and a solid tradition.

I once e-mailed the idea to Maturi and he responded 15 minutes later saying he appreciated the suggestion and said they are always trying to find ways to increase fan support and game day experience. Couldn't believe I got a response, haha.

I can't wait till they play the first Ed McMahon "HEYOOO" when Hayo Carpenter makes a catch!

I still think it would be sick if they played "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins either soon after we score or after the 3rd quarter (a la Jump Around at Camp Randall). While the song was playing they could show the Gopher from Caddy Shack dancing on the jumbotron. It would quickly become a fan favorite and a solid tradition.

I once e-mailed the idea to Maturi and he responded 15 minutes later saying he appreciated the suggestion and said they are always trying to find ways to increase fan support and game day experience. Couldn't believe I got a response, haha.
I'm pretty sure the band is actually playing that song for one of the first, if not the first halftime shows. So it won't need to be canned, it will be in the band members' brains already. Coordinating it with video is easy because they have headsets.

If it's practical, opening the stadium up for watching road games on the big scoreboard would be great. There would be some expense involved, it would be a question of whether or not that could be made up by concession sales.

It would be a great way both for non season ticket holders to get a taste of the new stadium asnd for season ticket holders to catch another game at the stadium. Let that demand simmer and boil over before we go for the expansion to 60,000.

Top Bottom